beantwoord

Am I allowed to exit stations while on International travel?

• 25 March 2022
  • 6 reacties
  • 229 Bekeken

Hi, I am new to the Netherlands and I have just booked tickets to visit Bruges in Belgium via NS International.

So the ticket I got has a couple of change of trains and one of the stations is Antwerp. The tickets look like this (for 2 people) and I see a QR code assigned to all stations except the last.

So, my questions are:

• Can I exit out of the Antwerp station for a couple of hours so that I can explore the city, get back to the station again and continue my journey towards Bruges?
  • If so, while exiting Antwerp station, which QR code should I scan on exit?
icon

Beste antwoord door Vareo 25 March 2022, 13:47

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge

Yes you can. At Antwerp station there are no gates so you don't need to scan anything.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Gates for traveling by train are in the Netherlands, not in Belgium. Actually, to some extent, only at Zaventem, Brussels Airport, ;-)

Have a nice time. Bruges and Antwerp are great to discover.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

It rather looks like a QR code is assigned to each route segment, and not to a station or train. You're allowed to break your journey at each intermediate station (also at stations with local services only), so assigning a code to each station would be strange.

They’re all the same code and ticket except for specific international journeys, but the app always displays the separate buttons. It’s one of the idiotic ways the NSI app functions.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Also do take a few minutes to look at the Antwerp station itself, nickname the railway cathedral. It has trains on at least 3 different levels, your train from NL will arrive at the deepest, in a tunnel. Best views are upper level in the old main hall, then you´ll understand this name. It is right beside the main centre street, Keyserlei.

In Brugge the station is some distant away from the old centre though

Bruges has a free shuttle service from the station to the city center and back. Usually with only a few people on board.

https://www.brugge.be/shuttlebus

Reageer