beantwoord

off peak group Group Ticket from Rotterdam Centraal to Amsterdam Centraal, Can I get off the train at Leiden?

• 29 March 2024
  • 1 reactie
  • 49 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 0 reacties

Hi, I want to buy a off peak Group ticket from Rotterdam Centraal to Amsterdam Centraal, but I find that there are two available routes, the longer one is through Den Haag and Leiden, the shorter one is through Schiphol Airport. 

My first question is, can I take the longer route (through Den Haag and Leiden) and get off at Leiden ? 

My second question is , can I get off at Leiden at the afternoon and start again my journey to Amsterdam Centraal at the same day evening? (Even there is gate which I need to scan my e-ticket)

Thanks for help

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 29 March 2024, 20:40

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Badge +3

Welcome to the NS Community!

Yes, this is totally possible. Leiden is on a valid route Rotterdam - Amsterdam (as is Haarlem) and interrupting your journey is allowed during the date of travel.

The tickets are valid until 4.00 the next day, so even visiting a late event in Leiden and then to Amsterdam is possible.

Be aware that for the IC direct trains between Rotterdam Centraal - Schiphol Airport, a surcharge is needed https://www.ns.nl/en/season-tickets/campaigns/other/intercity-direct-supplement.html 

Simply tap any contactless enabled bank/credit card (or phone or watch that allows payments) at the red ‘IC direct toeslag’ poles at the platform in Rotterdam. It costs € 1,74 (off-peak hours) but saves you about 40 minutes if you don’t need/want to travel via Den Haag and Leiden.

Reageer