beantwoord

When will Weesp train station be renamed to “Amsterdam Weesp”?

Weesp is now part of Amsterdam similar to Bijlmer?

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 17 April 2022, 19:20

Bekijk origineel

12 reacties

???? Since when?

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

???? Since when?

24 maart 2022.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weesp

Badge +3

Weesp is now part of Amsterdam, yes.

https://www.ambtelijkefusie.nl/mogelijk-eerst-referendum-weesp-fusie-amsterdam

The train station will not be renamed. 😂

Reputatie 7
Badge

If the municipality wants Weesp to be renamed to Amsterdam - Weesp, they can dig deep into their pockets themselves. Such a name change will cost 2 tons. At least that amount cost the renaming of Amersfoort to Amersfoort Central.

Reputatie 6
Badge

Although Weesp is part of the municipality of Amsterdam, it still isn't an Amsterdam neighbourhood though. Therefore, naming Weesp station after the town of Weesp still is correct. Likewise, we don't call Nieuw Vennep's station ‘Haarlemmermeer Nieuw Vennep’.

If the municipality wants Weesp to be renamed to Amsterdam - Weesp, they can dig deep into their pockets themselves. Such a name change will cost 2 tons. At least that amount cost the renaming of Amersfoort to Amersfoort Central.

2 tons? Wow. I don’t care what we call Weesp anymore 🤐

Reputatie 7

2 tons? Wow. I don’t care what we call Weesp anymore 🤐

Indeed. Isn't it an unbelievable amount of money for just changing a name in this digital era? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Such a name change will cost 2 tons.

two tons = 2,000 kg ;)

200,000€ = 200 thousand euros

Badge +3

'Ton' can also refer to money, denoting £100 in British slang. In Dutch, it’s 100K (euros).

The (estimated) cost of renaming Eindhoven to Eindhoven Centraal was 150-200K, and paid for by the city.

It seems like a lot but a small 60 m² one-bedroom flat/apartment easily costs the same.

I don't think Amsterdam will ask for a change, not only because of the costs but also because the annexation will be a sensitive issue for part of the local population.

I remember that when Rosmalen became part of Den Bosch there was also a discussion to change the station name. It nearly led to a local revolution, the idea is taboo until today.

Reputatie 4

Then Breda was lucky. Station Breda-Prinsenbeek had already this name before the annexation of Prinsenbeek by Breda. So no local revolution here :-))

Reputatie 7

Then Breda was lucky. Station Breda-Prinsenbeek had already this name before the annexation of Prinsenbeek by Breda. So no local revolution here :-))

Few people from Prinsenbeek make use of this station. The A16 is a big barrier, traditionally. I know they do not care so much about this station, although they like it that the village’s name is on it. It’s most of all youths from Breda’s northwestern neighbourhoods who use it.

Reageer