How to cancel your subscription from abroad

• 2 September 2015
  • 262 reacties
  • 32682 Bekeken

Toon eerste bericht

262 reacties

Hello,

I asked to terminate my card and my Weekendrvrij product on 11 of September. They told me to do online. So on 12 of September I filled the form asking terminate my personal OV chip kaart. (Kaartnummer: 3528 ******). I got the form and also on the phone previously that as I asked on 11 of September (2 weeks before 27 of September) they would allow me to terminate the contract. (Kennummer: H044150912064786)

I sent my card by post last week with the form about the request for termination. Then yesterday I got the mail that they will take the month fee for the Weekendvrij product 2 of October and each month from now on for a year (Referentienummer: 9985227). I can not use the services of NS anymore as I have left the country and I suppose I have done each step to terminate this contract so please help me to fix this I do not want to pay for a service which I can not use anymore.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Viktoria Meleg
Hi Viktoria,

Thank you for your detailed explanation. When the ov-chipcard is blocked i can terminate the contract and naturally i will do that in the past. But at the moment the block is not visible yet in our system. Please send me a private message so i can check again during the week.
hi
I have already left The Netherlands and I cannot call.
I would like to terminate my subscription of the OV-chipkaart, how should I do that?
Referentienummer: 10508916
Badge +3
You need to cancel/block the card first, wait several days and then contact NS customer service to end the subscription.

Blocking the card is done as follows:

Cancel your OV-chipcard
1. Register here. This registration is in Dutch. Fill in a username, your mail address and a password.
2. Report your card as lost or stolen here. Do not ask for a replacement of the card.

After you have waited several days, you may contact NS customer service by phone 24/7 at number 030-7515250. If you cannot call, you may also send a message on Twitter or Facebook.
I do not have a bank account but its require
how should I do it?

You need to cancel/block the card first, wait several days and then contact NS customer service to end the subscription.

Blocking the card is done as follows:

Cancel your OV-chipcard
1. Register here. This registration is in Dutch. Fill in a username, your mail address and a password.
2. Report your card as lost or stolen here. Do not ask for a replacement of the card.

After you have waited several days, you may contact NS customer service by phone 24/7 at number 030-7515250. If you cannot call, you may also send a message on Twitter or Facebook.
Please send an e-mail through this page: https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/klantenservice/contact/contactformulier.htm
Badge +3

An English contact form can be found by clicking Sivan's link followed by the link English at that page, or by using this link.

Ah, you are absolutely right, Tochjo. I guess it's a bit early for me.
Thank you very much for your answers.

I have terminated my card. For contacting NS customer service, I can end my subscription by just telling them my card had been stolen and terminated?

Do I have to do anything further?

Thank you very much in advance!
Hi Jessica. If you tell them your card has been cancelled already, they can stop your subscription and no further actions will be needed. You do need to check if you still owe NS the subscription fee. Good luck!
Hi, I was a foreign student in NL but have returned to my country. Recently I received a mail asking me to pay 50euros for my DAL advantage annual subscription as they could not debit my bank account (my bank acct. has already been cancelled after I left)

I have no way of contacting NS.nl via the phone, what should I do to terminate my subscription and OV-chipkart? Is it possible to do it via email? The NS website does not provide any email contact.
Thank you for the help.
Hi, I was a foreign student in NL but have returned to my country. Recently I received a mail asking me to pay 50euros for my DAL advantage annual subscription as they could not debit my bank account (my bank acct. has already been cancelled after I left)

I have no way of contacting NS.nl via the phone, what should I do to terminate my subscription and OV-chipkart?
Is it possible to do it via email? The NS website does not provide any email contact.

Sorry I forgot to add: Is OV-chipkart a different company from NS.nl? Does it mean that even after I contact OV-chipkart to terminate my card, I will still need to contact NS.nl to inform them?
Sorry for the many questions but I can't understand why they cannot just make the procedures simpler and more efficient.
Thank you for the help.

Reageer