beantwoord

Checked out the card twice, so the other one counted as check in

• 9 February 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 49 Bekeken

yesterday, when i was checking out my card, i tapped the card twice so the other one counted as check in (i just saw it now on the app) what should i do with this? because its says that i missed check out meanwhile i just tapped the card twice

icon

Beste antwoord door Daniël NS 11 February 2024, 12:33

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 6

Good afternoon farahhaifan. Welcome to the NS Community.

We can't correct this for you here, you can contact our customer service to have this corrected. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

What @farahhaifan describes is technically impossible: presenting the card twice to the same validator will result in an error message and not a check in.

So it looks like the card wasn't checked in at the departure station and then checked in at the destination. This may be corrected online via uitcheckgemist.nl or My NS.

Badge +3

What @farahhaifan describes is technically impossible: presenting the card twice to the same validator will result in an error message and not a check in.

That depends on the time between the two taps, after checking out you can check back in within 10 seconds or so.

Blauwnet says 1 minute (e.g. for the train to Germany in Enschede after leaving the Blauwnet gates there).

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

TS states that he tapped twice upon checking out, not that he walked to the other side of the station in between taps.

At the same validator you cannot check in again after checking out for one minute, at another one this is immediately possible at NS. At the regional operators you'll always have to wait one minute.

Badge +3

It is unlikely indeed, but the time between two taps at the same pole used to be 90 seconds or else an error ‘you are already checked in/out’.

That time has (years ago) been reduced to (give or take) 10 seconds, so you can easily check out-in-out-in-out-in 5 times within one minute, at the same pole! 

Anyway, contact NS Customer Service to have the extra check-in corrected.

Reageer