beantwoord

Forgotten check out

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 80 Bekeken

Hi! I forgot to check out tonight (friday @ 9 pm) but i have a weekend free pass. Would i still be getting any fee or that is okay since my pass is free?

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 15 March 2024, 22:32

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

With a Weekendvrijcard you still have to check in and out, even when it is free. You might have had checked in before 18.25. In general when you are making a mistake like this, you will not have to pay a fee. The check in proves that you checked in when the weekendvrijcard was valid.

Checking in means having a valid ticket. Even weekendvrij is only valid with a check in. Checking out is meant for paying the costs. But as there are no any costs, NS gives leniency for not checking out in this case.

Still you have agreed to check in and out when you bought this subscription, so you are obliged to do this. It is also wise to have this proof as trains are often late during the weekends. Without a checkin and checkout you may miss money when you have a delay of more than 30 minutes.

There will be no fine for you this evening. It is not ok not to check out,, but NS is friendly in this case.

Reputatie 5

If you forget to check-out with weekend free NS takes € 20,00 “instaptarief" from your account. You can solve this easily by contacting the customer service, "Klantenservice". I have best experiences with calling, +31 30 751 51 55, but there are more options:
https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/contact.

This is my experience, which contradicts Thom's claim above. Let me know, Thom, if I'm wrong.

With a Weekendvrijcard you still have to check in and out, even when it is free. You might have had checked in before 18.25. In general when you are making a mistake like this, you will not have to pay a fee. The check in proves that you checked in when the weekendvrijcard was valid.

Checking in means having a valid ticket. Even weekendvrij is only valid with a check in. Checking out is meant for paying the costs. But as there are no any costs, NS gives leniency for not checking out in this case.

Still you have agreed to check in and out when you bought this subscription, so you are obliged to do this. It is also wise to have this proof as trains are often late during the weekends. Without a checkin and checkout you may miss money when you have a delay of more than 30 minutes.

There will be no fine for you this evening. It is not ok not to check out,, but NS is friendly in this case.

Thank you for this. I've spoken to their CS on Messenger the night it happened and today for follow up since thet said once the button to change the issue is available to their side they will arrange it. As of today it's still not available their and told me to wait for few days and remind them again.

When did you contact them after you forgot to checkout/in? Was it few days after or the same day? Please read what i replied to thom cos maybe it's the same as yours.

Reageer