beantwoord

How does the Dal vrij subscription work?

• 13 September 2023
  • 7 reacties
  • 142 Bekeken

I bought the Dal vrij subscription in the beginning of the month for which I also have paid the invoice immediately. However, my card seems to still get topped up with money and I‘m still paying for the train rides as without subscription, though I always make sure to travel during off peak. What is the reason behind that? Will I get my money back at the end of the month? 

icon

Beste antwoord door danhub 13 September 2023, 10:17

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 5

If you've used an existing ov chip card to order the DalVrij subscription, did you go to a (ticket) machine to pick up the order?

If you've used an existing ov chip card to order the DalVrij subscription, did you go to a (ticket) machine to pick up the order?

No I didn’t. Was I supposed to?

Reputatie 5

Yes, your Flex subscription won't be activated until you pick up the order at a ticket machine at a station or one of the smaller yellow ones for example.

Pick it up as soon as possible and maybe you could contact customer service by phone, chat or social media to see if you can maybe get (some of) the money back that you kept paying for your journeys.

When you change your Flex subscription from DalVrij into something else you won't need to go to a machine again, it's just once.

No I didn’t. Was I supposed to?

Yes, that's clearly stated in the confirmation mail you received when you ordered DalVrij.

Hello, I wonder if the Dal Vrij subscription works for trains only or for trams in Utrecht as well? 

PS I have heard several contradictory statements regarding the Dal Vrij, some say it's for trains only, and some of them dictate that it works for trams as well.

Badge +3

The Dal Vrij subscription NS offers is only valid for train travel. The confusion is logical, though, since Qbuzz, who operates buses and trams in Utrecht under the name U-OV, has its own Dal Vrij subscription that is only valid on its buses and trams.

The Dal Vrij subscription NS offers is only valid for train travel. The confusion is logical, though, since Qbuzz, who operates buses and trams in Utrecht under the name U-OV, has its own Dal Vrij subscription that is only valid on its buses and trams.

Thanks, your response was very helpful.

Reageer