Unable to purchase NS Flex subscription due to Date of Birth Error | NS Community
beantwoord

Unable to purchase NS Flex subscription due to Date of Birth Error

• 19 August 2022
  • 19 reacties
  • 1274 Bekeken

Hi. I am trying to purchase NS flex subscription for my personalised OV Chipkaart but it keep throwing me an error saying “The date of birth does not match your OV chip card (E102)”. I have checked the date of birth on my personalised OV Chipkart from My OV website and I am entering it correctly. Is this a bug in the NS website?

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 19 August 2022, 10:42

Bekijk origineel

19 reacties

Good morning Dev Pratap Singh and welcome to the NS Community!

I'm sorry to read you're getting this error. I'm also not sure why you're getting it either, if the date of birth with your card matches the date of birth as listed in your Mijn NS account.

I would recommend for you to contact our Customer Service. My colleagues can then take a look at the situation. They can ben reached by phone (030-7515155), Social Media (Facebook or Twitter) or Chat (button ‘Chat with NS’)

Reputatie 3

Possibly a wrong notation. In the Dutch language it is DD-MM-YYYY. In America it is MM-DD-YYYY. Possibly such a fault?

I had the same problem. The stage Controleren was passed correctly, but with trying of making a payment I received De geboortedatum komt niet overeen met je OV-chipkaart. (E102) message.

The date of birth is correct. How to solve the problem?

Good afternoon LLLL and welcome to the NS Community.

I would recommend for you to contact our Customer Service. My colleagues can then take a look at the situation. They can ben reached by phone (030-7515155), Social Media (Facebook or Twitter) or Chat (button ‘Chat with NS’)

Hello. I have the same problem. How did you solve it because no one replies..

You can reach our customer service to solve your problem.

Hi, I am getting the same problem. The date of birth is 100% the same as provided for the OV. I need to purchase Flex tomorrow or on the 1st of September at the latest.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Hi, I am getting the same problem. The date of birth is 100% the same as provided for the OV. I need to purchase Flex tomorrow or on the 1st of September at the latest.

The solution is still the same as in the previous cases: contact customer service.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Toch wel beetje merkwaardig: nu al tenminste 5-en elders nog meer, zo te zien meest buitenlanders die een nieuw ABO willen opstarten en allemaal met precies dezelfde klacht.

ER staat tenminste nu niet meer standaard ´even´ service bellen-want het wemelt ook van de reacties dat mensen na 30/.40 min. eraf werden gegooid.

Ik heb precies hetzelfde probleem:

De geboortedatum komt niet overeen met je OV-chipkaart. (E102). 

Geboortedatum op OV kaart is 100% juist
Probeer nu al een week een abonnement te regelen maar steeds loop ik vast.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Er heeft gewoon iemand niet goed getest en het is dus met een fout live in de database gezet. 

De geboortedatum komt niet overeen met je OV-chipkaart. (E102)

De geboortedatum komt niet overeen met je OV-chipkaart. (E102). “They can ben reached by phone (030-7515155), Social Media (Facebook or Twitter) or Chat (button ‘Chat with NS’)”-Support is not working.😔

I am having the same error. And I can’t reach them through any customer service (phone, chat, facebook...). Is it possible to purchase the subscription at the station, not online?

Reputatie 6

I'd have to give anyone with this error the same advice that's already been given in this topic. You can contact our Customer Service to have this issue resolved. It is still possible to order this at one of our kiosks, they can resolve the error there and then.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Begrijp ik hier nu uit dat dit probleem nog steeds niet is opgelost? Ik vind dat wel zeer bijzonder eerlijk gezegd.

Same here, contacted costumer service 3 consecutive days by chat and all of them had a “weird bug” that didn’t allow them to solve it. I wonder how much more will it last, because a national transport company not allowing you to BUY from them is quite ridiculous 

I'd have to give anyone with this error the same advice that's already been given in this topic. You can contact our Customer Service to have this issue resolved. It is still possible to order this at one of our kiosks, they can resolve the error there and then.

Hi Daniel, where can I find those kiosks you are talking about? Customer service haven’t been able to solve the issue at the moment

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

You can find OV Service & Tickets shops at the following stations:

• Alkmaar: OV Service & Tickets shop, run by the NS
  • Amsterdam Centraal in the IJ-hal: OV Service & Tickets shop, run by EBS and the NS
  • Arnhem: OV Service & Tickets shop, run by Breng and the NS
  • Breda: OV Service & Tickets shop, run by Arriva and the NS
  • Den Haag Centraal: OV Service & Tickets shop, run by HTM and the NS
  • Eindhoven Centraal (Bus-station side): OV Service & Tickets shop, run by Hermes and the NS
    Eindhoven Centraal (city-centre side): OV Service & Tickets shop, run by the NS
  • Leeuwarden: OV Service & Tickets shop, run by Arriva and the NS
  • Utrecht Centraal (city-centre side): OV Service & Tickets stores, run by U-OV and the NS
    Utrecht Centraal (Jaarbeurs side): OV Service & Tickets shops, run by U-OV and the NS.
  • Tilburg: OV Service & Tickets shop, run by the NS
  • Maastricht: OV Service & Tickets shop, run by Arriva and the NS

https://www.ns.nl/en/travel-information/facilities/ov-service-and-tickets-shops.html

Reageer