Weekend discount | NS Community
beantwoord

Weekend discount

• 4 July 2022
  • 2 reacties
  • 94 Bekeken

I have bought a personal ov-chipkaart a few weeks ago and last week subscribed for the NS Flex with weekend discount (Eur2 per month and getting 40% off on weekends). I have picked up the order from a machine in a train station and the subscription should have been activated.

However, when I use the NS app to purchase a train ticket for the weekend, I’m not being given the option to choose the discounted rate. I’m only being given the option to buy the normal single-ticket, or the 40% discount when I travel with another person who has the NS flex.

But I am travelling alone, and since I subscribed for the weekend discount, it should allow me to buy the ticket at a discount, right? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 4 July 2022, 17:31

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Badge +3

You can’t buy tickets in the app if you have a subscription. You need to check in and out with the OV-chipcard that has the subscription on it. At the end of the month you will receive an invoice for all the journeys you made, and for those by train during weekends the discount fare will be applied. The costs will then automatically be withdrawn from your bank account.

However, when I use the NS app to purchase a train ticket for the weekend, I’m not being given the option to choose the discounted rate. I’m only being given the option to buy the normal single-ticket, or the 40% discount when I travel with another person who has the NS flex.

Not right. You can only travel with discount by checking in and out with your chipcard. It's not possible to buy a discount ticket at the ticket machine.

Reageer