Skip to main content

On august 8, I checked into Rotterdam Central station because I had no where to go, I sat at BackWerk to prepare for my exam. After an hour I checked out if Rotterdam Central station, and now I see on my invoice that I was charged 12€ as a correction fee? May I ask why? I didn’t forget to check out, I just checked in and out if the same station, I demand a refund.

When you check out at the same station you checked in and more than an hour has passed, NS assumes you made a journey in that time, but forgot to check out and in at your destination. Since the actual fare cannot be determined, a fixed correction fee is applied.

You should contact customer service directly to speak to an NS employee to tell them what happened and that you would like to be refunded. I'd avoid using the word demand, since technically you have been charged the correct amount and they don't have to pay you back. But if you kindly explain that you did not know about this rule, they are likely to be willing to cancel the fee out of leniency.

Contacting customer service directly can be done by phone; they are available 24/7 at 030-751 51 55. You may also contact them by chat (click the link Chat with NS on this page) or by sending a message on X (formerly Twitter) or Facebook.

Reageer