beantwoord

Understanding NS bill- does not add up

• 2 October 2023
  • 4 reacties
  • 77 Bekeken

Hello, 

I received my bill for the last month of use of NS, and my Weekend Vrij subscription. Everything looks fine on the bill, except for someone around 20 euros that I am not sure where it’s coming from. When I look at all of my transactions, they certainly do not add up to the total amount total it says I owe. In fact, under ‘Qbuzz’ on my invoice, which appears to be for buses, I do not understand where 20 euros of bus usage would come from, because I rarely take the bus and do not know how it’s possible to be charged so much. Any assistance is appreciated, or at least a contact email for NS customer service! 

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 2 October 2023, 15:54

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Badge +3

Could you post the specific part of the invoice that is puzzling you? That will allow us to answer your question better.

Without further information, I would suggest you might have made a mistake checking in or out on Geldermalsen or Dordrecht, two stations where both NS trains and Qbuzz trains depart. (Qbuzz also runs a train service between Geldermalsen and Dordrecht under the name R-Net.)

NS doesn't communicate via email, by the way. You may contact an NS employee by phone; they are available 24/7 at 030-751 51 55. You may also contact them by chat (click the link Chat with NS on this page) or by sending a message on X (formerly Twitter) or Facebook. That's also the way to go if you feel you are being charged too much and want to see the invoice corrected; this community is meant as a place where travellers can be helped by other travellers and although we are very knowledgeable, we are not NS employees and do not have access to customer data.

Hi, Thanks so much for your response. Understood, 

I will attach here the part of the invoice. If I cannot solve this here of course I will call. It may be good to note that I have never even been to Geldermalsen or Dordrecht station… thank you for your insights!

Badge +3

I see that the Qbuzz transactions are below the Bus, Tram and Metro part of the invoice, so it would appear it's indeed for bus travel.

If you look at the following pages of the pdf file, you can find more information about why you are being charged this amount, i.e. actual dates and times of travel and where you checked in and out. Also note that Qbuzz is the name that appears on the invoice if you take a bus in Utrecht, since U-OV is just a brand name and Qbuzz is the actual operator, so this might be why you don't recognise the name Qbuzz.

Reageer