Skip to main content
beantwoord

compensation for delay

• 10 June 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 120 Bekeken

I was supposed to reach Antwerp Central Station at 17:16 on May 29 from Utrecht Central Station but my first train to Rotterdam Central Station was delayed for 20 minutes so I missed the connecting train to Antwerp. The next NS train was cancelled so I had no choice but took the next one, arriving at 20:05 at Antwerp Central Station, with an almost 3-hour delay. I filed a request for compensation but I did not get a full refund, as stated on the NS website. What can I do?

7 reacties

Hello @Kasey,

Did you request for compensation at NS or NS International?

Where did you buy your ticket(s)? NS or NS International (for the entire trip)?

Step 3 of Request money back is important:

Step 3. Was the delay part of an international train journey?

When you purchased your ticket from NS International, the delay suffered is part of an international train journey. If you travelled with your OV-chipkaart or debit card, the delay is not part of an international train journey.”

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

If you had a regular international ticket, then you qualify for a 50% refund. Did you get that? If not, then:

1. What kind of ticket(s) did you have?
  2. What refund did you get?

Mine is an international ticket that I purchased on NS Intl app. The full fare was 17.5 Euro and they only refunded me 4.38 Euro. On the website, it says they will refund 100% of the ticket. I am confused.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Mine is an international ticket that I purchased on NS Intl app. The full fare was 17.5 Euro and they only refunded me 4.38 Euro.

In that case, please reply to the e-mail that you're expecting a 50% refund because your delay was more than 2 hours.

On the website, it says they will refund 100% of the ticket. I am confused.

Do you have a URL where it states that you'll get a 100% refund for an international delay?

Mine is an international ticket that I purchased on NS Intl app. The full fare was 17.5 Euro and they only refunded me 4.38 Euro.

In that case, please reply to the e-mail that you're expecting a 50% refund because your delay was more than 2 hours.

On the website, it says they will refund 100% of the ticket. I am confused.

Do you have a URL where it states that you'll get a 100% refund for an international delay?

https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/refunds/welke-vergoeding-biedt-ns.html

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

On the page with the conditions, you'll see:

The link sends you to:

https://www.nsinternational.com/en/after-the-journey/request-money-back

But as I said, reply to the e-mail about the compensation stating clearly that your delay was over 2 hours.

On the page with the conditions, you'll see:

The link sends you to:

https://www.nsinternational.com/en/after-the-journey/request-money-back

But as I said, reply to the e-mail about the compensation stating clearly that your delay was over 2 hours.

I will try that. Thanks for your suggestion!

Reageer