Refund request due to delayed train | NS Community
beantwoord

Refund request due to delayed train

• 16 October 2018
  • 9 reacties
  • 1759 Bekeken

Hello,
On 5th October, I took a train from Amstel station to Eindhoven Airport, however, there was a train delay and continuous cancellation of all trains in the last minute, for hours without any explanation or warning, I missed my flight. Would you, please, tell me where should I claim a reimbursement for the plane ticket I lost and the inconvenience I was caused by the delay and the following inadequate actions of the NS service?
Regards!
icon

Beste antwoord door Slidestops 16 October 2018, 10:38

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

If you have a delay of more than 30 minutes; you can claim a refund for (a part) of your ticket here: https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/refunds/refunds-for-delays-on-a-domestic-route.html

The plane ticket cannot be claimed and there will not be any form of compensation. By Dutch law the transport company's are not responsible for this.
Hello Ekaterina Denkova and welcome to the NS Community.

The response Slidestops placed is correct. You can get a refund for the train fee you paid but NS does not refund the extra costs you have made for your plane ticket, as is explained in Dutch law.

I sent an email and a refund request 3 weeks ago because all the trains were cancelled on 5 th October from Tilburg to Breda therefore i couldnt use my Antwerp Ticket and nobody replies! Could you please answer ?!!!!

Good afternoon M. A. A. Aboghanem.

I've removed the image you attached to your reply, as it contained personal information that can be misused. This is a public community after all.

For the same reason, this being a public community mostly ment as a channel where travellers can help eachother, I'd like to advise you to contact our Customer Service. For a regular refund for delay request, you can check this page, but your situation is more specific, for which our Customer Service can assist you better.

You can reach us by phone (030-7515155), Twitter, Facebook or start a Chat conversation (option ‘Chat with NS’).

If you have a delay of more than 30 minutes; you can claim a refund for (a part) of your ticket here: https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/refunds/refunds-for-delays-on-a-domestic-route.html

The plane ticket cannot be claimed and there will not be any form of compensation. By Dutch law the transport company's are not responsible for this.

I asked for a refund based on an hour long delay and the system did not let me proceed. Additionally, the employee I chatted with on NS chat could give me zero reasons as to why they could not proceed with my refund

Badge +3

I asked for a refund based on an hour long delay and the system did not let me proceed. Additionally, the employee I chatted with on NS chat could give me zero reasons as to why they could not proceed with my refund

In that case, use the form (Request without Mijn NS) on https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/refunds/refunds-for-delays-on-a-domestic-route.html

If the claim is denied, you can respond to the e-mail with your own explanation.

Hello.

I deleted the ticket by mistake.
I reserved a ticket again, but can I get a refund on the previous ticket?
The reservation number for refund request is 69180067.
I’m begging you!
Thank you.

Badge +3

This community is meant as a place where travellers can be helped by other travellers. We are not NS employees, do not have access to customer data and cannot help you with this situation.

You should contact customer service directly to speak to an NS employee about this. This can be done by phone; they are available 24/7 at 030-751 51 55. You may also contact them by chat (click the link Chat with NS on this page) or by sending a message on X (formerly Twitter) or Facebook.

Reageer