Extra Money from ns when using Thalys and getting out of the station | NS Community
beantwoord

Extra Money from ns when using Thalys and getting out of the station

• 17 February 2023
  • 4 reacties
  • 103 Bekeken

Dear all, 

I used Thalys from Brussels to Rotterdam, Then to go out of Rotterdam station as the station is closed with Ns gates I used my card, then I found it deduct 12€ as fine for not checking in, I called the call center and they mentioned nothing to do which is weird and not logical 

What shall I do 

Thanks

icon

Beste antwoord door Olav93 17 February 2023, 19:14

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge

Customer servive should be able to correct this for you so I'm afraid you'll have to try contacting them again.

What you should have done and should do if you ever arrive on a Dutch station with a different ticket than an ov chipcard, is use the ticket you actually traveled on to exit the station. There should be a code printed on it you can use to open the gates.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

And if that ticket doesn’t work to open a gate you can ask for assistance by pressing the blue button on one of the assistance and alarm machines near the gates. They will open the gate for you remotely.

Never ever use another card to open gates if you have a valid ticket for your journey. 

Badge +3

If you were billed €12 it means you have NS Flex and checked out with a missing check-in.

NS Customer Service must correct that for you (3 times per year).

Also tell them your international (Thalys) ticket didn’t work. That way, the missing check-in might not count towards those 3 times per year.

Thanks all for your reply, I contacted them through Facebook and they were much helpful than on the phone and they took the Thalys ticket and make a refund for me 

Reageer