beantwoord

About check - out and in!

• 20 October 2022
  • 8 reacties
  • 688 Bekeken

Hi I’m EunSeo Yoo

I am very confused about check-in out .

recently and today I used the train and always checked in and out, but the ns app said I am still being processed and today I got an email saying that I was fined 50 euros. Is there anything I forgot?  I don't understand this train system yet. The train I use is not even ic, but should I check the card on the machine in the picture I attached? But when I asked the ns service center, they told me to check the card inside the train only when it was an ic train. Can you tell me what I did wrong?

When should i check my card on the inside machine.

and i know that you can refund money mabye once.

can you help me??

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 20 October 2022, 18:54

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

You should always check in when entering the station and check out when leaving the station. The card readers on your picture are only to be used in case you're changing from subway to train via the direct stairs between the subway- and train station at Rotterdam Blaak.

Your travel history seems to indicate you've forgotten to check in at Rotterdam Lombardijen which is odd as this station has gates, so forgetting to check in is not something that would easily happen. Passing through the gates at Blaak then does check you out (as the inside of gates only checks you out), but as a check in was missing you're charged a 50 euro correction fee.

You should be able to correct this via Mijn NS on the website or uitcheckgemist.nl where you enter the station at which you forget to check in. When you've not done this too often, the difference between the journey fare and the correction fee is refunded.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Just wait a few days-till MON or so-it fairly often happens that the data from gates/masts are only sent onward later-you post data from today. In such a case it will automatically be adjusted.

You MUST always use the correct gates/masts-on your foto are those for NS=yellow and blue=RET=metro/tram.

Badge +3

Wait a few days and the correction will probably disappear. If not, contact NS Customer Service.

I’m saying this because the trip to Rotterdam Blaak was made just hours ago, or did you travel from Rotterdam Blaak at 12.12 PM?

And did you get checked by a conductor during your trip? In that case, there was a registration made because he/she couldn’t see a valid check-in, which is strange.

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

I’m saying this because the trip to Rotterdam Blaak was made just hours ago, or did you travel from Rotterdam Blaak at 12.12 PM?

According to the page on the NS website specifying correction fares 50 euros is only charged with a missing check in, so the transaction at Rotterdam Blaak should be a check out.

As TS appears to mostly use the train in one direction (based on the screenshot of the travel history) and probably will also travel back in some way I'm also thinking of another possible cause. She could also have been using the subway and taken a wrong exit, resulting in leaving the station via the NS gates. The RET transactions probably haven't been processed yet and therefore are not in the overview.

Wait a few days and the correction will probably disappear. If not, contact NS Customer Service.

And did you get checked by a conductor during your trip? In that case, there was a registration made because he/she couldn’t see a valid check-in, which is strange.

Everyone thank you so much to reply.

I tried to check a inside machine before getting on the train at Block Station yesterday around 12 o'clock since I saw some people checked the card on the inside machine, but after that, the station staff checked the card on the train. Was it because of i have to pay 50€?

I still confused about an inside machine..🥺

I don't know why the machine located  outside and inside and I really want to learn enough not to make a mistake again.

What I want to know exactly is

1) should I check the machine inside the blaak station when I arrived from Lombardijen station and get off the blaak station or just check the machine outside the blaak?

2) I want to know if should I check the machine inside the blaak station when I go from the blaak to the Lombardijen station.

You don't have to use any machines inside the station if there are machines outside. When entering and leaving the station you always need to check-in or -out. An extra check inside the station is not necessary and can add extra costs. So don't do this unless you are planning to check the outside machines as well. 

You do use the inside machines if you are transferring from NS to another company or vice versa. Then check out with NS and in with the other company. But you don't leave the station in that last case.

Badge +3

Entering the Blaak station through the gates will check you in with NS (or RET for metro).

Presenting your card at the yellow NS (transfer) poles inside the station (the ones on the photo) will check you out, resulting in a € 50 correction when checked by train staff.

Leaving the Lombardijen station through gates woud result in another € 20 correction fee (missing check-in) but since you were checked by train staff, the € 50 will probably prevent that extra correction.

Keep an eye on your Transactions (being processed), and contact NS Customer Service in a day or two.

Thank you everyone!!

Reageer