beantwoord

The method of payment

• 9 November 2022
  • 35 reacties
  • 1258 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie

I want to change the payment method (bank account) for the free weekend subscription to NS, but I cannot find the bank from which I will pay in the change options.  Can you help me to change the IBAN? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 10 November 2022, 12:27

Bekijk origineel

35 reacties

Reputatie 5

Leuk dat je dat even geprobeerd hebt. Het is mij in het verleden altijd gelukt, dus ik had ook geen problemen verwacht. Ik heb liever geen automatische incasso's via Revolut (meer), want ik vond het allemaal erg onoverzichtelijk en een terugboeking was een heel gedoe. Misschien dat het nu beter is...

With corrections of my mistakes

Dear Stijn,

just one last question.
If I well understood, I quote “Mijn NS account system is picky when it comes to IBAN and addresses and only accepts NL. This is against EU regulations but Customer Service can help.

So if I understand well, as I could normaly buy a Dar Voordeel Deal and ordering at the same time a OV-Chipkaard on your webside, it should from a legal point of view also be insured by NS that I can buy it by other means … could you please transmit this request to your bosses ?

I think that an enterprise like NS has the obligation to fullfile legality of its services :), has’nt it ? Or what is your opinion ?

Thank you in advance
Simon 

No, I cannot, because there already are alternatives to paying through iDeal.

Purchases via our website can only be done through iDeal payments, which includes the option to purchase a subscription in combination with a new card. If you are unable to make iDeal payments, you can order a subscription via our Customer Service or at a service desk. The first payment will then be done via an automatic direct debit, which is possible with any IBAN from a SEPA country.

The only restriction for this method is that you already need a personal OV-chipcard. Normally you can order this separately from the OV-chipcard website, either through PayPal or their contact form, but unfortunately you are having issues with connecting to that website. Sadly, that is not something we can help with.

Dear all,
thank you for triyng to help me.
As the NS customer service had told me that Revolut was in the list of possible banks considered as NL, I opened an account with Revolut.
As I am officialy a Swiss tax resident, I had to open it with my Swiss address to be correct. 
I received two IBANs: GB and CH. As both are not EU, when I made the payment for the Dar Voordeel Deal with a OV-chipkaard, it takes me directly to my Revolut application. I thought finaly I have the solution !!
When I wanted to validate the payment, it was refused and also blocked the Revolut application.
The indication is that I have an IBAN that is not compatible with the ns.nl application.
I had to close the application completely to get it working again.
I've contacted Revolut who tell me that as a Swiss resident, I can't receive a Revolut European or NL IBAN.
I come back to the question already asked to Robert: those who use Revolut ans succeded to buy a Dar Voordeel Deal with a OV-chipkaard : is their IBAN NL? If not from which country?
Sincerely

Badge +3

I come back to the question already asked to Robert: those who use Revolut ans succeded to buy a Dar Voordeel Deal with a OV-chipkaard : is their IBAN NL? If not from which country?
Sincerely

As you can see in my previous post, my Revolut IBAN is LT (Lithuania, which is part of the EU).

Too bad GB and CH IBAN formats are not accepted (22 instead of 18 characters?) My LT IBAN has 20 characters and is accepted.

Both the UK and Switserland accept SEPA payments, so there should be no problem.

Badge +3

Additionaly, I tried to oder a subscription using the Revolut LT IBAN

This says that for ordering with a foreign IBAN, you should go to a service desk at a station, but the IDeal payment works without any problem.

Of course, you need to input a Dutch address (and some 10 digit phone number) for the ordering form to work.

Additionaly, I tried to oder a subscription using the Revolut LT IBAN

This says that for ordering with a foreign IBAN, you should go to a service desk at a station, but the IDeal payment works without any problem.

Of course, you need to input a Dutch address (and some 10 digit phone number) for the ordering form to work.

Dear Robert.
Thank you for all your help.
I give up. 
At Klantenservice NS, they made a special “ticket” and after it noted in my profil : Revolut with GB or CH IBAN is not accepted for buying a , even if befor the same Klantenservice NS told me that I can buy Dar Voordeel Deal with a OV-chipkaard on line with all Revolut IBANs …
The OV-chipkaard webside does not work in Switzerland. Klantenservice NS tried to help me to get the application form to send it to me … they told me that they also had a problem and could’nt upload it, saying sorry,
My son tried to get help of people arround him to help him with their NS IBAN, but it seems that this is a nogo in the Netherlands … as a new student, nobody accept to do it, even not the administration of his school.
So my son, as long as he is not registered in Tilburg (he has to get an appointment at the Cityhall for that, the waiting time is long) and therefor does not have the possibility to open a Dutch account will have to pay full prize on NS …
So sad situation ...

Badge +3

Really sorry (and quite surprised) to hear that apparently, an IBAN needs to be from the EU 😥

CH and GB accounts support SEPA (for auto-debit), which is really all that is needed.

Edit: I previously suspected the length of the IBAN was the culprit, but that is not true.
My Dutch IBAN has 18 characters NL99 BANK 0123 4567 89 and my Revolut has 22, like LT99 0123 4567 8901 2345)

Really sorry (and quite surprised) to hear that apparently, an IBAN needs to be from the EU 😥

CH and GB accounts support SEPA (for auto-debit), which is really all that is needed.

Edit: I previously suspected the length of the IBAN was the culprit, but that is not true.
My Dutch IBAN has 18 characters NL99 BANK 0123 4567 89 and my Revolut has 22, like LT99 0123 4567 8901 2345)

Indeed, amazing.
And a discrimination / illegality from a European legal point of view ....
And what I find most offensive is that NS was not able to tell me from the beginning : so I would not have subscribed in vain a Revolut account (that I now have to close) and put money on it (I have to spend it before closing the account).

Last question in the round : would someone with a NS Revolut be willing to help me (it's about 2Euro50 if I understood correctly, thanks 1000 times in advance the NS moderator to confirm !!). Since I also have a Revolut, I will then transfer you the amount to your account at the same moment.

I am even willing to give you access to my son's NS account to check things or make the order yourself to be sure I will not cheat you.

Badge +3

Last question in the round : would someone with a NS Revolut be willing to help me (it's about 2Euro50 if I understood correctly, thanks 1000 times in advance the NS moderator to confirm !!). Since I also have a Revolut, I will then transfer you the amount to your account at the same moment.

I am even willing to give you access to my son's NS account to check things or make the order yourself to be sure I will not cheat you.

I would like to help but not sure what you want. Apparently, your son (will start study in NL) needs a personal ov-chipcard (€ 7,50) or better, NS Flex Dal Voordeel (€ 2,50 per month with free a card included).

For NS Flex, recurring subscription costs will occur so I (or anyone else) will be hesitative to order for you.

If it’s just the OV-chipcard for which payment from your Revolut account is denied, I would like to help out. Send me a private message and we will work it out. A photo and Dutch postal address is needed to have the card sent to.

Dear Robert,

1000 thanks for the proposal.
I sent you a privat message :)
Best wishes
Simon

Reageer