The worst NS system | NS Community
beantwoord

The worst NS system

• 10 January 2022
  • 4 reacties
  • 375 Bekeken

I'm disappointed and unsatisfied with NS Flex system. I would say that system is stupid and corrupt, why? Because if you forget to check out, they will cost all your money (stealling actually) and there is no way to claim back. Yes, they always know how to take money from poor people by forcing everyone to use NS Flex. Moreover, trains always stop in nowhere and cause me a lot of problems while going to work, school or back home. Do you think 4.5 hrs to travel back home with the shitty system is worth to pay?

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 10 January 2022, 07:51

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Badge +3

if you forget to check out, they will cost all your money (stealling actually) and there is no way to claim back

This is incorrect; you can request a refund of the correction fee. There is a maximum number of times you can do this, though, to prevent abuse (people who make long journeys without checking out who afterwards claim they've only made a short trip to a neighbouring station).

Do you think 4.5 hrs to travel back home with the shitty system is worth to pay?

If you have a delay of one hour or more, you can request a refund for the delayed journey. For long delays this refund will often be the entire journey fare, which effectively means you do not have to pay for that journey.

Usually travelling from Groningen to Amsterdam takes 2:05hrs - 2:27hrs. But evening trains mostly get same problems then cancel the trip. Do you think they should pay compensation for people who struggled with train systems on the way to home and stucked under the cold and heavy rain in the middle of the night?

if you forget to check out, they will cost all your money (stealling actually) and there is no way to claim back

This is incorrect; you can request a refund of the correction fee. There is a maximum number of times you can do this, though, to prevent abuse (people who make long journeys without checking out who afterwards claim they've only made a short trip to a neighbouring station).

Do you think 4.5 hrs to travel back home with the shitty system is worth to pay?

If you have a delay of one hour or more, you can request a refund for the delayed journey. For long delays this refund will often be the entire journey fare, which effectively means you do not have to pay for that journey.

I don't know if you're using NS Flex. I have tried all ways to claim the forgot checkout as I checked out the wrong card but what they say is "You cannot yet claim a forgotten check in or check out for a journey with an NS Flex product". Can you please show me the way you prove that i'm wrong?

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

It says “Cannot yet claim” as it can take a few days. If you still get this message after a few days or week, contact the customer service. 

Reageer