beantwoord

Can i pay for a NS flex using a South African bank account?

• 1 February 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 204 Bekeken

Hi, I am a South African staying in the Netherlands temporarily and I’d like to purchase a personal OV card and an NS flex subscription, however when I went to an NS office desk they told me it wasn’t possible so I called the customer care line. They told me it’s only possible to pay with a European bank account? Is there really no way for me to pay with a South African bank account? I have a PayPal as well but I really would like to know if there’s a way I can pay with a South African bank account. 

icon

Beste antwoord door rvdborgt 1 February 2024, 20:13

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

No.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

You need a bank account that accepts SEPA direct debit. That's mainly European banks. You could ask your bank but even if they do, you'll probably be charged extra fees for every payment, since your account will be charged in euros.

If you can get a Revolut account (the basic option is free of charge), then you should be able to order an NS subscription on a personal OV chipcard. You can then even order online, because Revolut also supports iDeal payments.

You need a bank account that accepts SEPA direct debit. That's mainly European banks. You could ask your bank but even if they do, you'll probably be charged extra fees for every payment, since your account will be charged in euros.

If you can get a Revolut account (the basic option is free of charge), then you should be able to order an NS subscription on a personal OV chipcard. You can then even order online, because Revolut also supports iDeal payments.

HI there, thank you for the answer. I did request a REvolut account and they put me on a waitlist. However I did sign up for a bunq account? It was listed as one of the payment options when paying for the NS Flex. Essentially what Im planning to do is make a payment from my SA bank to the bunq bank account and just pay for the NS subscription using the bunq. Would that work? I just want to make sure before I move any money.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

HI there, thank you for the answer. I did request a REvolut account and they put me on a waitlist. However I did sign up for a bunq account? It was listed as one of the payment options when paying for the NS Flex. Essentially what Im planning to do is make a payment from my SA bank to the bunq bank account and just pay for the NS subscription using the bunq. Would that work? I just want to make sure before I move any money.

That should work. Bunq as regular bank account is not free of charge but it should work indeed.

Reageer