beantwoord

Extra Charge in my invoice

• 12 April 2022
  • 4 reacties
  • 223 Bekeken

Hi, 

On the 11th of March, I got the subscription (Weekend Vrij) which costed 3,60 euros p/m. However, due to the lockdown being lifted, I had to travel to Amsterdam on 12th of march and used local transport more often, so therefore if I have weekend subscription I should not changed any transportation but I got invoice where they have charge me around 54,65 euro.

The reason I’m asking this question is because I want to know how they can charge if I have weekend subscription. The more important thing is I have used my OV chip card only on weekend in this last month.  

I already call to customer services but they have given me another number which one is not responding.

Please help me this regard I don't have extra money to pay unnecessary charges. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 12 April 2022, 08:52

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Badge +3

Weekend Vrij, which costs 31.60 euros per month, only allows for free travel during weekends on trains. You will always pay the full fare if you use bus, tram and metro, even during weekends.

Thank you for your reply. Now I understood. Could also let me know weekend subscription also active on government holidays or only Friday 6.30pm to Monday 4.00am.

Actually I don't know about this fact, So there is any possibility to claim this amount for reimbursement.

Badge +3

Weekend Vrij also entitles you to free travel by train on public holidays. You can find the list of holidays on this page.

I doubt you'll be able to get a reimbursement, but I'm not the one who decides that. You should contact customer service directly to see if you can get a reimbursement. This can be done by phone; they are available 24/7 at 030-751 51 55. You may also try to contact them by chat (click the link Chat with NS on this page) or by sending a message on Twitter or Facebook.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

You can check all charges-as is the case with about any subscription on whatever- via mijnNS-you have to use that via site, not app, and activate first time you use it.

The rules are all pretty clear on the main site-also even in /en/. You can try, but I think you have zero chance on getting refund.

IF you have to use local transit a lot of times in 1 day then it might pay off to use other ticket, dayticket or if you live fairly close to AMS there are also other ticket types.

Reageer