beantwoord

GVB Flex with NS Flex

• 1 March 2024
  • 2 reacties
  • 99 Bekeken

Dear Team,

Please advise for below situation. 

I have taken up GVB flex which suits me best for my everyday city and work commute. I had Traject Vrij NS Flex subscription which I wanted to switch over to NS voordeel or NS Weekened Vrij (for personal travels over weekend). 

My question is that, if I have both GVB Flex and NS Flex, will I be charged again by NS for my BTM rides which I already paid as subscription in GVB ?

Likewise, for train journeys as well, we don’t want to pay double charges to both GVB and NS/
(Say I have weejend vrij Ns flex and GVB still charges me for the train journey over weekend)?

If its achievable, I can have a single card but if not, then I will plan to keep 2 separate cards - one for NS and one for GVB.

Thanks in advance,

Deepak

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 1 March 2024, 22:50

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

My advice is to use two cards. One for GVB and one for NS. If you don’have a GVB subscription you can use your NS card for both. In the case you have a subscription for GVB you can put it on one card with the NS subscription, but then all your other journeys other than your subscription with bus, tram or metro will not be covered with Flex, as your BTM (Bus, Tram, Metro) need to be withdrawn from your card.

By far the easiest solution is to take two cards, because in that case all your train, bus and metro rides will be covered by Flex.

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

When applying for GVB Flex, there are three options to choose from: only travel on invoice with GVB and on credit with NS, combine GVB Flex with NS Flex, use GVB Flex for the train.

In this case you should select the middle option to get both your discount with your NS Flex subscription and your GVB subscription.

Reageer