beantwoord

Unable to use OV Chipkaart for metro after getting a monthly NS Flex

• 15 August 2023
  • 1 reactie
  • 128 Bekeken

Hello, I recently purchased a NS Flex subscription for a fixed route (train from Haarlem to Sloterdijk). But I also need to take a metro from Sloterdijk to Amsterdam Zuid for my daily commute. After activating my NS Flex subscription I was unable to use my card for the metro. It said I have insufficient funds but I do not get the option to top up my card from the ticket machines. I am confused and don't know what I did wrong.

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 15 August 2023, 10:25

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Badge +3

With NS Flex you're supposed to travel on invoice in train, bus, tram and metro. However, sometimes the bus, tram, metro part of NS Flex is not activated correctly. This can be convenient if you have a product that entitles you to travel with discount in bus, tram or metro (BTM), since that can't be combined with NS Flex. If you don't, however, it's easiest to contact customer service directly to have them enable the BTM part of NS Flex.

Contacting customer service directly can be done by phone; they are available 24/7 at 030-751 51 55. You may also contact them by chat (click the link Chat with NS on this page) or by sending a message on X (formerly Twitter) or Facebook.

If you actually do have a discount product for BTM, then you should not enable the BTM part of NS Flex, but instead keep travelling on balance there. You cannot top up the balance on NS ticket machines any more, but you can on machines of other operators, and you can also enable automatic reload if you want.

Reageer