beantwoord

Free water at train stations

We are in the middle of a heat wave and the human made climate crisis will make sure this is one of many we will experience in the coming decades. When taking longer train rides on hot days there must be places to refill your water bottle. Most of the train stations don't provide taps or public toilets. Not everyone can afford a three-euro water bottle ever time. The NS should make sure there are drinking taps available at every train station. Why are there only few to none?

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 18 July 2022, 18:55

Bekijk origineel

22 reacties

Badge +3

NS has actually been working on providing drinkwater taps at many train stations since 2019, especially the major stations. This map, though a bit dated, shows the stations where you should be able to fill your water bottle (by now also at the stations indicated with a dark blue water drop). I couldn't find a more recent map; perhaps a moderator has access to one?

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

by now also at the stations indicated with a dark blue water drop

I can tell you that De Vink which has a dark blue water drop on that map still doesn't have a drinkwater tap. 

I found a more recent map (the text on the map says july 29 2019 but the url says october 19 2019) where some of the dark blue drops have turned light blue, indicating an existing water tap. This was after opening a water tap at Den Haag HS. After that I have seen no other news articles about opening new water taps at stations and no new maps. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

And an even more recent map from december 2019. Thanks to a newspage about how NS prepares for the hot temperature. Since NS links to a news item about opening new water taps plus map from december 2019 I am assuming this map is the most recent map. 

Not everyone can afford a three-euro water bottle ever time. 

That's also not necessary, you can also take a bottle of water from home.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Yes, you can take a filled bottle from home, but when this is empty it would be nice if you can refill this bottle especially with the high temperatures we will have tomorrow. Imagine being stranded and having to wait for a replacement bus during this heat. I once experienced that, waiting for a bus at Den Haag Mariahoeve during a heatwave with temperatures above 30 degrees, after first waiting at Den Haag Centraal for a sprinter going only as far as Mariahoeve. My bottle filled at work before leaving to go home was empty quite fast and no possibility then to refill it. 

Also TS says he wants to refill his bottle, so he already had taken a bottle from home. But what he says about that most of the train stations don't provide taps is not true. As you can see on the map most stations do have a tap, or did have them end of 2019.

Question to the moderators, can you check the status of the project of installing taps? When will the stations with a dark blue drop on the (so far) most recent map get a tap? And what about the stations that don't have a light blue or dark blue drop at all? 

Question to the moderators, can you check the status of the project of installing taps? When will the stations with a dark blue drop on the (so far) most recent map get a tap? And what about the stations that don't have a light blue or dark blue drop at all? 

No, I can't. I'd have to specifically know which station it is about and then ask the station manager.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Kun je ook niet checken of er nog een meer recentere kaart is dan die van december 2019 en of er sindsdien nog watertappunten bij zijn gekomen of nog op de planning staan zonder dat je het voor specifieke stations vraagt? Gewoon algemeen of het project nog loopt. Bv bij de woordvooerder Arno Leblanc die bij de meeste recente nieuwsartikelen over watertappunten staat? Zoals bij dit bericht: https://nieuws.ns.nl/ns-en-oasen-openen-watertappunten-in-de-regio-gouda-en-alphen/

In het nieuwsitem vandaag over voorbereiden op hete dagen staat wel een link naar een Google map met tappunten (niet alleen bij stations), wat dan de meest recente kaart zou als NS sinds december 2019 geen spoorkaart met tappunten heeft en wat me daar opvalt is dat er op Leiden Centraal geen tappunt zou zijn maar op de spoorkaart waterttappunten staat er bij Leiden wel het symbool van een bestaand tappunt. En op de Google kaart staat ook bij Delft Campus geen tappunt, bij Delft Campus is de afgelopen 2 jaar of zo een compleet nieuw station gebouwd wat recent is geopend, je zou dan denken dat het logisch is gelijk een tappunt te installeren. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Nou nee-uit dievrse berichtgeving maak ik zelf op dat-ook al gelet op de plaatsing meestal op voorpleinen, het de betreffende gemeente is die de verantwoording-al dan niet -neemt. Fus richt je daarop als je een nieuwe pressiegroep wilt starten

Aangezien op dat vernieuwde Delft Zd geheel geen winkel oid is, zal er ook geen waterleiding direkt bij lopen-tankstation is paar 100 mtr verderop-van alles te koop. Ik vermoed haast dat het wel een flink stuk uitmaakt of er ook nog 100en mtrs waterleiding zouden moeten worden aangelegd of niet

Overigens zijn er bitter weinig landen die dit standaard aanbieden.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Het gaat niet om een pressiegroep, het gaat erom dat NS in 2019 diverse keren heel triomfantelijk nieuwsberichten gepubliceerd over nieuw geopende watertappunten en heeft daarbij ook meerdere keren een geupdate kaart gepubliceerd waarop NS aangaf dat er bij bepaalde stations een watertappunt zou komen. Op een aantal van die stations waarbij NS in 2019 heeft aangegeven dat er tappunten zouden komen zijn er nu in 2022 nog geen tappunten. Is het dan zo gek om NS om een update te vragen over hun plannen met betrekking tot het plaatsen van de tappunten bij die stations? 

Kun je ook niet checken of er nog een meer recentere kaart is dan die van december 2019 en of er sindsdien nog watertappunten bij zijn gekomen of nog op de planning staan zonder dat je het voor specifieke stations vraagt

Ik ga mijn best doen!

@Momo Dit schijnt de meest recente versie te zijn (2022): https://www.ns.nl/binaries/_ht_1656335093975/content/assets/ns-nl/over-ons/watertappunten-op-stations-in-nederland.pdf.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

We are in the middle of a heat wave and the human made climate crisis will make sure this is one of many we will experience in the coming decades. When taking longer train rides on hot days there must be places to refill your water bottle. Most of the train stations don't provide taps or public toilets. Not everyone can afford a three-euro water bottle ever time. The NS should make sure there are drinking taps available at every train station. Why are there only few to none?

You can buy a cheaper bottle in the supermarket for €0,50 1,5 liter.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

In de ‘vakantielanden’ in zuid-Europa waar het in de zomer warmer is dan hier moet je zoeken naar watertappunten en zijn is het water bij hoge temperaturen niet altijd veilig om te drinken.

Ik vind het overdreven dat NS moet gaan investeren in gratis watertappunten op elk station. Zo lang zitten de meeste reizigers niet in de trein dat ze aan 0,5 tot 1,5 liter water niet genoeg hebben. Wat is er mis om zelf een flesje water mee te nemen?

Reputatie 7
Badge

In the NS App, you can find under the button: In de buurt, also the locations of water taps.

Badge +3

In the NS App, you can find under the button: In de buurt, also the locations of water taps.

Apparently only NS water taps. The one in Eindhoven (at the bus station, outside the AH ToGo) is not listed (operated by the Brabant Water company).

A good alternative is https://drinkwaterkaart.nl/