beantwoord

20eur fine for not checking in

• 15 September 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 293 Bekeken

Hi everyone, 

I just moved to the Netherlands and received an OV Card from my new employer. Last Monday, I get on train in Haarlem and went to Amsterdam. Unfortunately, the check-in gates at Haarlem were not working and stayed open, so I thought, well what else can I do and entered. 

I checked out at Amsterdam Central and now I noticed I have a 20eur fine for not checking-in, is there a way I can claim a refund if the doors at Haarlem were broken?

icon

Beste antwoord door Erryt NS 15 September 2022, 13:48

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Hello a.babs, welcome at our community,

How sad that your first experience with us went like this. I would like to advice you to reach our customer service. There my colleagues can take care of this for you. We can transfer the difference to your IBAN.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

A word of advice if you ever encounter an open gate at your departure station ever again.

When there are gates at your arrival station press the button next to the gates and contact the control room. Explain that you couldn’t check in at your departure station. They will be aware of this and will open the gate for you remotely. You won’t be charged.

If there are no gates at your arrival station just leave the station without checking out. 

Thank you very much for letting me know, really appreciate it.

I will keep you updated!

Reageer