beantwoord

Can I load an NS abonnement and a Region abonnement on the same card?

• 10 October 2022
  • 5 reacties
  • 518 Bekeken

Hi there

I would like to know, is it possible to load an NS Weekend Vrij abonnement and (as an example) an U-OV Ster abonnement - region Utrecht - on one card?

The bulk of my travels is in Utrecht with some additional travel for work to Amsterdam and Rotterdam? I am flipping cards and messing it up. It would be easier to have all my abonnements on one card. Also is is possible to have more than one Personal OV card - on linked to your personal details?

Regards

Shauna 

icon

Beste antwoord door Daniel 10 October 2022, 17:36

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

No and yes

NOT as such directly, as all new seasons are as FLEX, which is not compatible with such other subscriptions. To overcome this you can call NS and ask them to set the BusTram function to old-style ´on saldo´ and then it should be possible (and you also need to have saldo for cases you travel out of the paid area-card will not function if any negative is held)

BUT U-OV ALSO offers special combined Bustram AND train (in this area) seasons, which might even better help you, and these are then not compatible with weekend-all-country as they clash. BUt depending on your travel habits it might possible be a better buy. This is rather unique and not available in other parts of the country.

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

BUT U-OV ALSO offers special combined Bustram AND train (in this area) seasons, which might even better help you, and these are then not compatible with weekend-all-country as they clash. BUt depending on your travel habits it might possible be a better buy. This is rather unique and not available in other parts of the country.

That's actually the worst combination of products, as U-OV Gemak Regio cannot be combined with NS Flex. And TS wanted to get rid of using multiple chipcards. Besides that, when combining WeekendVrij with U-OV Gemak Regio TS would pay twice for the trains in the Utrecht region.

It depends a bit on the exact travels, but U-OV Gemak Regio can be combined with the "saldo" version of Dal Voordeel. That may also be an option as then only the travel outside the Utrecht region is charged (with 40% discount). However, only in 2nd class.

Badge +3

A BTM (bus tram metro) product that entitles you to free travel usually works well with NS Flex on the same card. This for zone/ster/regio subscriptions (GVB/RET/HTM/Connexxion).

If not, the BTM part of NS Flex can be disabled, but you will need balance for BTM outside your region (e.g. trams in Amsterdam or Rotterdam).

If such a U-OV subscription also gives discount for trains, avoid putting it on the same card!

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

If such a U-OV subscription also gives discount for trains, avoid putting it on the same card!

U-OV Gemak Regio gives free travel on trains (and BTM) within the Utrecht region (see this map), but can be combined with discounts outside the region. However, explicitly NOT with NS Flex.

So this is a bit of an exception as it is a BTM product giving free travel that doesn't work together with NS Flex.

Badge +3

I understand, because it’s also valid on trains. That will never work with NS Flex (same as a student travel products).

Reageer