I subscribed NS-flex, how do I know if the product is activated? | NS Community
beantwoord

I subscribed NS-flex, how do I know if the product is activated?

• 16 September 2022
  • 20 reacties
  • 2315 Bekeken

Hi guys,

I subscribed Weekend Vrij yesterday. Today I tried to activate/pick up the product, but I don't know if it has been activated successfully. I took the Rotterdam RET tram after 6pm, and when I checked the ride history I found that no charges were made. Does this mean that Weekend Vrij is valid for the Rotterdam RET tram and also that my Weekend Vrij has been activated?

I'm going to Amsterdam this weekend, I don't want to be charged an extra fee, so it's important to me.
Another question is, what exactly is the range of application of the NS Flex,Can you guys make a list for me? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 16 September 2022, 21:49

Bekijk origineel

20 reacties

Hi there Rayeoi, and welcome to our Community.

Looking at your screenshot, it appears that NS Flex (Reizen op Rekening) has been loaded successfully and should now be ready to use.

With NS Flex, you will travel on invoice instead of using card balance. This applies for all modes of public transport, but your Weekend Vrij subscription will only apply to trains in the Netherlands (including IC Berlin, ICE International and, with a supplement between Schiphol and Rotterdam, IC Brussels, but it does not include Thalys, Eurostar and Nightjet). In the tram, this will always be on full fare.

It can take a short while for your transactions to appear on the OV-chipkaart website, but to be able to view the actual costs of your tram ride, you will need to log into Mijn NS as the costs on the OV-chipkaart website will display € 0,00.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

No, Weekendvrij is not valid for RET, only for trains. You will be billed for RET afterwards. In the case you got Flex on a new card, it is activated by NS. Otherwise you do need to activate it on a ticket machine, preferably a ticket machine of NS. It appears to be activated though. You can travel with other means of traffic, by bus, tram or metro, but this is not free and you will be billed for this after about a month. All your journeys are visible in the bill, but not right-away and this may be confusing in the beginning.

Weekendvrij allows free travel by train in the weekends after Friday 6.30 P.M.

Hi there Rayeoi, and welcome to our Community.

Looking at your screenshot, it appears that NS Flex (Reizen op Rekening) has been loaded successfully and should now be ready to use.

With NS Flex, you will travel on invoice instead of using card balance. This applies for all modes of public transport, but your Weekend Vrij subscription will only apply to trains in the Netherlands (including IC Berlin, ICE International and IC Brussels within the Netherlands, but it does not include Thalys, Eurostar and Nightjet). In the tram, this will always be on full fare.

It can take a short while for your transactions to appear on the OV-chipkaart website, but to be able to view the actual costs of your tram ride, you will need to log into Mijn NS as the costs on the OV-chipkaart website will display € 0,00.

Does that mean if I subscribe to NX Flex, it won't automatically top up for me even if my ov-chipkaart balance is zero (I set a target of 20 per auto top up)? When and where will my tram fare be deducted from? Very confused. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

With Flex you do not need a balance. When you had it before the amount of your balance will be substracted from the first bill.

With Flex you do not need a balance. When you had it before the amount of your balance will be substracted with the first bill.

If I am not subscribed to NS Flex next month, do I need a balance when travel by tram?

Badge +3

You succesfully activated NS Flex (Reizen op Rekening) for train and also bus/tram/metro at 12:41

Automatic balance reloading/top up was removed, because there is no need for it anymore.

You don’t need to have balance anymore, and will be invoiced (by auto debit) monthly.

The ‘Credit refund’ looks strange to me, but should not be an issue. It’s probably a restitution for a former NS subscription (which you dindn’t have).

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

With Flex you do not need a balance. When you had it before the amount of your balance will be substracted with the first bill.

If I am not subscribed to NS Flex next month, do I need a balance when travel by tram?

If you cancel NS Flex completely and remove it from your card at a machine, you will need a balance when you travel, not just tram but also train. If you only change your Flex Weekend Vrij to Flex Basis you don't need a balance and you get billed at the end of your month for all travels. 

If you cancel NS Flex completely and remove it from your card at a machine, you will need a balance when you travel, not just tram but also train. If you only change your Flex Weekend Vrij to Flex Basis you don't need a balance and you get billed at the end of your month for all travels. 

Okay.I received an invoice (below), it seems like I will receive invoice on15th every month as long as I still subscribe to NS Flex. Will I be invoiced for the cost of tram travel between 16 September and 14 October and will I be charged from my debit card on 15 October?

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Your next invoice will be on october 15. On that invoice there will be the costs for the next month Flex Weekend Vrij (15-10-2022 until 14-11-2022) plus all travels by tram you make until that invoice date, plus maybe travels by train that are not covered by your Flex Weekend Vrij (travels outsite the weekend hours).

Your next invoice will be on october 15. On that invoice there will be the costs for the next month Flex Weekend Vrij (15-10-2022 until 14-11-2022) plus all travels by tram you make until that invoice date, plus maybe travels by train that are not covered by your Flex Weekend Vrij (travels outsite the weekend hours).

It is very clear! Thank you, will I be charged from my debit card automatically on 15 October?

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

The automatic debit may be a a few days later than October 15, not exactly on that date. October 15 is on a Saturday so it might be on the Monday of Tuesday after that. So don't panic if it is debited a few days after the invoice date, as long as there is enough balance on your bank account it will be ok.

I think all my questions have been solved, thank you guys!!!

Badge +3

Okay.I received an invoice (below), it seems like I will receive invoice on15th every month as long as I still subscribe to NS Flex. Will I be invoiced for the cost of tram travel between 16 September and 14 October and will I be charged from my debit card on 15 October?

Yes, you now (since yesterday) have Weekend Free for trains (Friday 18:30 - Monday 04:00).

Bus/tram/metro will be billed monthly. No balance needed.

Hi momo, I wonder know if is all free for traveling by NS Intercity and NS Sprinter on the weekend?

Badge +3

Hi momo, I wonder know if is all free for traveling by NS Intercity and NS Sprinter on the weekend?

All Dutch trains are free in the weekend, not only NS but also Arriva, Blauwnet etc.

For IC direct trains, you need a supplement if you travel between Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam. This can be loaded on your card at the platform, and costs € 1,62 during the weekend.

Hi, 

During my subscription of NS flex, if the officer asked me to show my ticket, what should I show them?

Badge +3

The OV-chipcard that has the NS Flex subscription on it and with which you checked in.

Then, that’s enough to show my Ov chipcard. Their smart device can recognize my info through my card? 

Badge +3

Yes, when they read out your card they can see that you checked in, and at which station and at what time. (They can see a bit more, but that's not relevant for determining if you have a valid ticket.)

Reageer