beantwoord

NS Login and OV Fiets

• 9 May 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 67 Bekeken

So I have created a login on the website for my daughter - used her email and created pwd for the site.

I linked her Personal OV Chip card to the app on her iphone - worked. I now try and get to put the abonnement for the OV Fiets onto her NS app via logging into the website.

This keeps telling me the username /pwd combination is wrong. I have reset her pwd 3 times now trying to see if its browser related. Tried on her iphone with safari and chrome. Tried on my PC with chrome and edge. No luck. 

What is going on guys?

icon

Beste antwoord door Laura NS 10 May 2024, 14:37

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

So I have read about the Profile that needs to be 100% complete to be able to add abonnement to the account. But this is something todo with the login of the email and pwd not working. And after a reset.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

It's not possible to put an ov-fiets supplement on the app. You have to put it on the ov-chipkaart.

https://www.ns.nl/deur-tot-deur/ov-fiets

Hello Righardt, welcome at our community,

Like MoDe said you need a personal OV-chipcard for the OV-fiets subscription. Does she already have a personal card?

Yes she does. After 2 hours of struggle I managed to log into her NS account and eventually find out that kids should rather have the fiets abonnement on your account. Makes sense for payment purposes as I am the “bank for her”. After I added her as a ov fiets user to my account it was all good.

My actual pain was more the fact that I could not log into her NS account and I literally tried a dozen times to reset password and re-login.

The site would send me email to reset pwd.

Then I reset via the link - and then straight away try to log in...it redirects me to same login page without a username and password filled in.

I try again to log in and then it gives me the “your username and password does not match” error.

I tried this about dozen times like I said...around 1:00am I managed to log in.

Wonder if they where busy releasing new code of possibly a site problem. ???

Who knows. :-)

That's weird, indeed. You had best get in touch with NS Customer Service so they can take a look at the problem and possibly reset the account.

Reageer