OV fiets cannot return no space at automatic station

• 28 September 2023
  • 2 reacties
  • 31 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 2 reacties

Hello,

Apologies for the question in English.

I rented the OV-fiets about a week ago from the automatic box on Gouda Govervelle, used it for 2 days and attempted to return after that, but the machine said there is no space available.

I attempted again next day, and the day after, and only today was successful. I knew that delivering at another station means an extra fee.

My worry is that now I will be charged quite a bit for this, I just learned that after 3 days the fee becomes 9.45 per day.

Does anyone know if there is a chance I will get a refund because of this? It was not my fault the station was full.

icon

Beste antwoord door Daniel 28 September 2023, 12:37

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

You won't get a refund probably, but you can try by calling customer service.

In case an automatic OV-fiets facility is full you should do the following: park the bike in the racks nearby, lock it and insert the key in the blue dropoff box which you'll usually find on the side of the last locker or next to the door of a larger "fietsbox".

Then call customer service or contact them on X or Facebook to have the rental period stopped by them. Be sure to remember the bike number or make a photo of you dropping it in the dropbox, this helps in the contact with customer service.

They will check if the bike is really there after the rental has been stopped, so make sure to lock it properly and preferably use the chain to attach it to something.

You won't get a refund probably, but you can try by calling customer service.

In case an automatic OV-fiets facility is full you should do the following: park the bike in the racks nearby, lock it and insert the key in the blue dropoff box which you'll usually find on the side of the last locker or next to the door of a larger "fietsbox".

Then call customer service or contact them on X or Facebook to have the rental period stopped by them. Be sure to remember the bike number or make a photo of you dropping it in the dropbox, this helps in the contact with customer service.

They will check if the bike is really there after the rental has been stopped, so make sure to lock it properly and preferably use the chain to attach it to something.

Thanks! Good to know for the future

Reageer