beantwoord

TICKET FOR SEAT OR NOT

• 24 October 2023
  • 7 reacties
  • 251 Bekeken

I would like to know if the train ticket I am booking now has seats available for booking or seat selection? If not, will I be able to choose any seat when I get on the train?

Lastly, I would like to know if the reason I don't have a seat is because I bought a ticket at a discounted price?

If I use a normal fare ticket, will I be able to choose a seat?

Moderator edit: Removal of screenshot as a contained a personal link.

icon

Beste antwoord door mrfreeze 24 October 2023, 15:41

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hi NING FANG CHANG,

It's not possible to book or reserve a seat in domestic trains. When you get on the train, you can choose any available seat you want, in the correct class of course.

Just curious: which ticket did you buy? € 73,17 seems very expensive for a single fare.

Reputatie 7
Badge

Hi NING FANG CHANG,

It's not possible to book or reserve a seat in domestic trains. You can choose any available seat you want.

At least for the class you paid for….

If you bought a 2nd class ticket, you can choose any seat in 2nd class.

Reputatie 6
Badge +1

Just curious: which ticket did you buy? € 73,17 seems very expensive for a single fare.

I guess it’s an order with multiple tickets. Even when you buy tickets for multiple travellers, the confirmation mail just mentions 1 ticket. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

I guess it’s an order with multiple tickets. Even when you buy tickets for multiple travellers, the confirmation mail just mentions 1 ticket. 

Thanks, didn't know that. Quite confusing in my opinion.

3x € 24,39 makes more sense indeed.

Thank you for your replies. Yes, we are buying three tickets.
So the ticket price is normal, just wondering why we can't get a seat XDDD
Thank you guys, I see.

Thank you for your replies. Yes, we are buying three tickets.
So the ticket price is normal, just wondering why we can't get a seat XDDD
Thank you guys, I see.

As far as I know, in The Netherlands, we don't have options to reserve seats in a train. Only on the ICE or Thalys, which are international trains. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

There have never been seat reservations on domestic trains in the Netherlands (or Belgium or Luxemburg). Distances are relatively short and frequencies are high. No need for an expensive administrative system for seat reservations. 

The exceptions have always been international trains. As far as I know it's always been possible to buy tickets including a seat reservation on Thalys (now Eurostar) between Amsterdam C/Schiphol and Rotterdam C since Thalys started running in 1996. On other international trains it's never been possible to reserve a seat for a domestic journey.

Reageer