beantwoord

Ticket refund

• 31 October 2022
  • 5 reacties
  • 152 Bekeken

I bought 2 Super Sparpreis Ticket Europa through Trainline.com for single journeys from Breda to Deventer. We were prevented from passing the platform barrier at Breda and, when I asked for assistance at the Help Point, was told that the etickets we had were invalid and that we needed to buy new ones. There was an interruption on the journey and the train unexpectedly terminated at an earlier station, necessitating paying for bus tickets to Zwolle and continuing our journey via a different station, Hengelo. Please advise what I am able to reclaim and how do I go about it?

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 31 October 2022, 18:22

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Good evening Sleepindawgs and welcome to the NS Community.

I cannot tell what tickets you purchased exactly so I cannot say either if you can request a refund and if so how much. Please contact our Customer Service, my colleagues can take a look at the exact situation.

You can reach them by phone, via Chat or Social Media. All those contact details can be found here.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

As far as I can see, Trainline.com doesn't sell domestic tickets for the Netherlands. It does sell international tickets, e.g. Sparpreis tickets to Germany.

Did the help point say why your tickets would be invalid?

Super Sparpreis Tickets are only available for travel to or within Germany. For travel within the Netherlands they don't exist, so I'm curious where you bought them.

Badge +3

As far as I can see, Trainline.com doesn't sell domestic tickets for the Netherlands.

They do, with some welcome payment options like PayPal and (credit)cards. There is a 1 euro surcharge (as with NMBS) plus a € 0,60 booking fee.

I wonder why the qr-code does not open gates, and why the staff would not open a gate for you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

As far as I can see, Trainline.com doesn't sell domestic tickets for the Netherlands.

They do, with some welcome payment options like PayPal and (credit)cards. There is a 1 euro surcharge (as with NMBS) plus a € 0,60 booking fee.

Interesting. I tried Breda - Deventer, since that was the OP's journey. But that only results in "No tickets available, please refine your search”. I suspect though that it's a Sparpreis ticket to e.g. Bad Bentheim.

I wonder why the qr-code does not open gates, and why the staff would not open a gate for you.

Me too. An (anonymised) screenshot of the ticket would be very helpful, I think.

Reageer