Enschede to Schiphol | NS Community
beantwoord

Enschede to Schiphol

• 27 July 2022
  • 7 reacties
  • 188 Bekeken

Recently I planned my journey to Schiphol airport from Enschede central. But I see some maintenance going on at the Amsterdam Zuid.

Can I still be able to travel to Schiphol from Enschede without overstappen?

The journey date will be 28th of July 2022.

icon

Beste antwoord door Momo 29 July 2022, 19:34

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Yes, that’s still possible if your journey is in the daytime.

According to the journey planner there is a revised timetable with a direct train every 30 minutes.

There is something strange going on in the journey planner. The trains leaving at -16 past the hour from Hengelo are indicated to have one change. But when you zoom in on that train service no change is needed. The trains leaving at -46 past the hour are indicated without a change.

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

There is something strange going on in the journey planner. The trains leaving at -16 past the hour from Hengelo are indicated to have one change. But when you zoom in on that train service no change is needed. The trains leaving at -46 past the hour are indicated without a change.

The trains departing at x.46 only show the symbol for changing trains, but as indicated behind the symbol this is needed “0x”. (And .16/.46 are the times from Enschede, not Hengelo as you're mentioning)

Was looking at the same thing being a bit confused about the Half hourly service to Den Hague through Schiphol and just wondering what the warning actually is on the planner as it doesn't really describe whether or not it actually would fully do that route, as I need to go to Schiedam and it wanting me to go the long way around over Leiden

Badge +3

Was looking at the same thing being a bit confused about the Half hourly service to Den Hague through Schiphol and just wondering what the warning actually is on the planner as it doesn't really describe whether or not it actually would fully do that route, as I need to go to Schiedam and it wanting me to go the long way around over Leiden

The warning is because train departure times could have changed (but they haven’t) because of the works at Amsterdam Zuid.

The trains from Enschede to Den Haag via Schiphol Airport run as usual. You can either change trains at Leiden or Den Haag Centraal for Schiedam.

The 2 minute changeover (to IC Vlissingen) at Leiden is faster, because at Den Haag Centraal, there is no connection to the IC Dordrecht (which is not running), sou you would end up in a sprinter or IC Eindhoven (and another changeover at Delft) with a 19 minute changehover.

The trains from Enschede to Den Haag via Schiphol Airport run as usual. You can either change trains at Leiden or Den Haag Centraal for Schiedam.

Well, part of my problem in part is that it’s not the Usual, as normally Den Hague is via Utrecht and not Schiphol, but thank you for the clarification certainly saves me a lot of headaches tomorrow

Badge +3

Well, part of my problem in part is that it’s not the Usual, as normally Den Hague is via Utrecht and not Schiphol, but thank you for the clarification certainly saves me a lot of headaches tomorrow

Unfortunately, the direct trains (1700) via Utrecht to Den Haag (or to Rotterdam with a changeover at Amersfoort) do not run.

Travel via Utrecht is totally possible, but via Leiden with a 2 minute cross-platform changeover is by far the fastest option.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

The train from Enschede to Den Haag via Utrecht is cancelled because of works around Amersfoort. Instead of this train the train from Enschede to Schiphol is extended to Den Haag. 

Reageer