Skip to main content
beantwoord

Getting doubled charged in my invoice

• 11 June 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 129 Bekeken

I recently got an invoice saying I didn’t check out. I checked my invoice and it clearly says I already checked out. The problem is, NS has mistaken me for not checking out because they charged me double. Look at the highlighted transaction. I checked in at 11:37 and why is there a double check in? Surely it’s impossible for me to check in twice with the same card. The only thing I can think of is there is an error by the machine and it’s not my fault. You can clearly see that I have checked in and out in every station that day. The only weird transaction is the one where it says I didn’t check out. Below the missing checkout line, it shows that I checked in and out already. 

And interestingly, they decided to send me the invoice now because I didnt check out? It’s already more than a year and It’s not even my mistake. I clearly checked in and out from Schiphol Airport. Why is there a double transaction? Please explain this to me, NS?

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge

Unfortunately you won't get an official reply from NS here. For that you need to reach out to them by phone or mail or through the chat application on their website, Facebook or X. This community is for customers to help each other out.

I agree with you two check ins in the same place shouldn't be possible. To determine what went wrong here, it would be interesting if you could have a look at what transactions were registered on your card directly at ov-chipkaart.nl so you can compare that to what NS is showing here.

Hello, thank you for your response. I kept on getting generic response from the NS Customer service saying I need to pay this bill. Unfortunately, I have left the Netherlands since November 2023. I keep explaining to the customer service saying that it is impossible for me to check in at the same time twice (11:37) and one transaction got checked out(12:59) but the other somehow didn’t. So obviously, I already paid everything in the next month because I am using NS Flex. 
NS is now charging the line that says 0 euros. Now they are asking me to pay that 0 euros to 20 euros because they say I forgot to checkout. It’s clearly the machine reader fault since I always travel alone, and also there is a clear proof that I checked out from the second bottom line.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1
If NS actually collects this amount, you can have this amount reversed at your bank. NS is making corrections here that are completely contrary to its own General Terms and Conditions.
Reputatie 7
Badge +1

You should be aware that according to the NS terms and conditions, their invoice is final 3 months after the journey. After that, NS aren't allowed to request any additional payments.

Reputatie 7
Badge

Thanks for the extra info @Henkpeetersen and @rvdborgt I didn't notice the date these costs were for.

Reageer