Cancelled trains and delays

• 10 September 2023
  • 1 reactie
  • 65 Bekeken

Hello! On Friday I took a direct train from Deventer (18:45) to Roosendaal (scheduled to arrive at 21:03), but the train got cancelled in the middle of the trip in 's-Hertogenbosch (20:07). Since this train was cancelled, I had to get a new train for my desired destination. Then there was a train (direction Dordrecht) at 20.33 to Breda and then another train from Breda directly to Roosendaal at 21.15. After I reached Breda station, the train at 21.15 got cancelled again, so I had to wait 30 extra minutes for another train, but instead I asked a friend to pick me up from Breda. I want to know what rights I have. I am currently traveling using a subscription, which will charge me at the end of the month, but since I could not reach my final destination and I had a huge delay in the travelling, because of two cancelled trains, I have the right to ask for a refund.

1 reactie

Badge +3

You can find more information about refunds for delays and how to apply for them on this page. Note that the refund will be based on the costs you had for your train journey. You cannot claim any expenses like fuel costs incurred by the person who picked you up in Breda.

Reageer