beantwoord

Covid and kids question.

• 29 October 2021
  • 6 reacties
  • 143 Bekeken

Hello everyone!  We are coming in December.  My wife and I are fully vaccinated.  We have 2 kids, one is 10 and one just turned 12.  In the US now you cant get the vax unless you are 12.  My little guy just turned 12 so we completely forgot he may need it now.  I have looked on a dozen different sites and it says a dozen different things.  Even the NL government website is not clear.  Do kids need to have a vaccine to enter NL?  A 10 year old cant get it here yet but a 12 year old can.  We are fine but the kids are not vaxed.  Can they enter NL with just a negative Covid test if the parents are both vaxed?  One site said we dont need a test if we have the vax but I dont see it on the Government website.

Curious if anyone knows.  The internet is a complete mess.  There are dozens of websites saying different things!

Cheers!

Mike

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 29 October 2021, 17:44

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

On the government of NL website it says if you come from a low risk country you are ok, if you come from a very high risk country then you do this.  It shows each country that is low risk and each country that is high risk but the US is not on either of them and there is no list showing the high risk countries.

It is hilarious!  I have spent an hour or two clicking through the site and it does not say.  Just would like to see it written on a government site and not some tourist website to know for sure.

ML 

Reputatie 7
Badge

There's a third section for countries that are not on any list. This says that in that case you assume you're traveling from a high-risk area. 

https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/checklist-entry/from-outside-the-eu

Badge +3

I’m not sure but I guess the 12yr old already needs a negative test to fly. If not older than 48 hours, that should be sufficient to enter the EU.

For access to places like restaurants, cultural and sports events, cinemas/theaters/concerts, the EU (now including the UK) has an app (or QR code on paper) that requires vaccination, a recent (less than 25hrs old) negative test or proof of recovery from Covid19 in the last six months. Mandatory from 13yrs of age.

See https://coronacheck.nl/en/

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Tip: you probably not only want to ride in trains. Use the general touristy forum tripadvisor and thats always much geared to USA-visitors and also has the info re other places like HTL, Food etc.

The main prob at the mo seems to be that here in EUR there is a general app or print yourself ´proof of vaccination/test/etc´ that is not really compatible with that from the USA. But the situation can change any day and probably will at least 10 times before you arrive

Thanks everyone!  The NL website was so confusing I called the DC Dutch Consulate in the US!  The lady was so nice and honestly she could not find it either.  She had to call someone and ask as she could not find the right area either.  Turns out if you are under 18 traveling with fully vaxed parents you dont need a vax.  If you are older than 12, you have to have a negative rapid or PCR test before you go.  If you are under 12 you dont need anything.  She even pointed out where it was exactly hidden on the NL site so I have a print out of it now but as you all say, things that are in play now may not be in play tomorrow! hehe  Thanks all!

Robert, that app sounds great but I just clicked on it and it says you have to have a Digid to sign up and it seems you have to have a BSN number to apply so sounds like its only for locals.

ML

Reageer