beantwoord

Charges outside subscription | Failed Check out

• 30 July 2023
  • 2 reacties
  • 108 Bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hello everyone,

so yesterday I used the tram in den Haag without knowing that it isn't included in my Weekend Vrij subscription. Additionally, I couldn't check out at Hollandse Straat coming from Duinstraat.

I've already made some phone calls, but couldn't completely clear/understand the situation (currently a bit stressed due to railway maintenance), which is why I'd rather continue/double check here in a written manner.

So where and when will I see the charges for using the HTM tram? At ov-chipkaart.nl? Will I have time to pay'em or is it advised to put money on there upfront? (Currently zero balance)

Regarding the failed check-out, I've been told about uitcheckgemist.nl., but isn't that only for refund of "credit/debit card" travelers?

(Since in my case, I guess I'll do the refund through https://www.htm.nl/en/customer-service/restitution/restitution-form as soon as I have an invoice)

Can I correct my travel history somewhere by myself and how relevant is a correct travel history? 

Lots of questions, new to OV, thx in advance!

Greetings,

Eetu

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 30 July 2023, 22:08

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Badge +3

With NS Flex you should travel on invoice in bus, tram and metro too, so no need to load any balance. All travel costs incurred will be withdrawn from your bank account automatically at the end of each month. Since NS Flex subscriptions aren't valid in these modes of transportation, you will always be charged the full fare.

You will see every trip made with NS Flex in the travel history in Mijn NS, even trips with other carriers. It can take a while for them to become visible, though. The trips will also show up at ov-chipkaart.nl, but since NS will send you the invoice, no costs will be shown there.

You should be able to use uitcheckgemist.nl for missing check-outs for trips not made with NS, even if you have NS Flex, as indicated on this page. If you don’t correct the missing check-out, the boarding fee of 4 euros will be billed instead of the actual fare. The travel history itself will not be corrected, though, so you will not get a correct check-out there. That's only a problem if you need a correct travel history for declaration purposes.

(Note: it's possible to disable the bus, tram, metro part of NS Flex and travel on balance in bus, tram and metro. This is useful in cases where someone wants to combine an NS Flex subscription for train travel with a subscription for bus, tram or metro. However, if you didn’t request this, it's unlikely that you're travelling on balance in bus, tram and metro.)

Reputatie 1

@Tochjo 

Awesome, just checked mijnns and I can already see 1.81€ for traveling between Den Haag Centraal and Nieuwe Duinstraat. That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much once again. Only the ride back with the failed check-out is missing.

So I guess I'll have an eye on uitcheckgemist.nl till my failed check out appears for a refund.

Thx for the hint regarding combining Flex with a bus, tram etc. subscription. Gotta see what HTM has to offer for that last mile to the beach 😬

Reageer