beantwoord

Tickets and disocunts

• 28 October 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 91 Bekeken

Hello!

I have NS Flex (the one with 40% discount during off-peak hours and weekends) on my OV chipkaart. I am going to travel from Amsterdam to Eindhoven during off-peak hours next week. When I plan my journey in the NS app, they want me to buy a ticket. However, I traveled by trains before, discount worked perfectly, and ticket was never needed. Is ticket obligatory for longer routes? 

Also, can I purchase the Young Person's Day Ticket Off-Peak Hours if I'm 18. It's written that ticket is for people aged 12 to 18 but I'm not sure whether 18 is included.

Thank you for response!

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 28 October 2023, 12:57

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Badge +3

The app offers you the option to buy a ticket, but you shouldn't do this. You (and every other season ticket holder) should simply check in and out to travel, and if you check in during off-peak hours you'll automatically get the discount.

The Young Person's Day Ticket Off-Peak Hours is for people aged 12 up to and including 18, so you could buy this ticket. It might be cheaper than using your NS Flex season ticket. Note that you may not travel, i.e. be in the train, during peak hours with this ticket. This is different from your season ticket, where checking in during off-peak hours means you may travel with discount during peak hours.

Hey costumer services team

i have have change my subscryption to 40% discount off peakTime 

And the confirmation email was sent to me 2 days ago

but suprisingly the amount of money that calculate for any jurney that i have is the same as previouse and  the travel expense is copelete yet please help me to subscription set on my card 3528050059953853

Badge +3

Hey costumer services team

i have have change my subscryption to 40% discount off peakTime 

And the confirmation email was sent to me 2 days ago

but suprisingly the amount of money that calculate for any jurney that i have is the same as previouse and  the travel expense is copelete yet please help me to subscription set on my card 3528050059953853

I can see you have € 14,03 balance on your card, and last used the card today at 9:13

This means the NS Flex subscription is not on your card. Visit a machine (station, supermarket) and choose pick up order.

Reageer