is it possible to get money back in this case?

• 23 February 2023
  • 1 reactie
  • 64 Bekeken

Hi! Yesterday 22.02 My 10-year-old son and I traveled by train from Den Bosch station to Amsterdam Central station.  He has an OV-chipkaart, and before this trip I read information on the website that with an OV-chipkaart for children under 12, the fare costs €2.50.  Therefore, upon entering the train station, we checked in and were sure that everything would be as indicated on the website.  But, at Check out, I saw that €18 was deducted from my son's account.  It was very unexpected, because I thought that there should be no problems when traveling with this card, which is a name card and my son's age is indicated there.  We are from Ukraine and it was the first time we traveled by train using a named OV-chipkaart.  Quite a large amount was charged for the trip, considering that we additionally had to buy a separate ticket to return to the city in which we currently live.  I would like to know if there is any way to get this money back?

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hi S Basiuk,

You should have bought a Railrunner-ticket on his OV-chipcard at a ticket machine, which costs € 2,50.

Alternatively, you can order a Kids Free-subscription on his OV-chipcard. Then he can travel for free when accompanied by an adult.

To ask for a refund, you should contact Customer Service directly by phone (030-7515155), chat, Facebook or Twitter.

Reageer