Skip to main content

Hi, 

I travelled from lelystad to utrecht central and back on weekend with 40% discount. 

Below are the charges made for the same: 

Lelystad central to Utrecht central via Amsterdam Zuid (I didnt have to recheckin as platforms are connected) - € 9.30 (40% of € 15)

Return journey on the same day: 

Utrecht central to Amsterdam Zuid - €4.86

Amsterdam Zuid to Lelystad central - €6.06 ( I had to recheckin as the platforms are not connected).

The total cost of return ticket is €10.92 (1.62 euros higher than the actual ticket cost). 

Why is this difference in price? and Why should I pay more than the actual ticket price when Im forced to recheck in? 

Please provide more information on this mismatch. 

Regards, 

Sarunya Durai.

The price of a journey is determined by the distance travelled. By checking out and in again at Amsterdam Zuid, the system calculates a higher fare, because the distance Utrecht-Amsterdam-Lelystad is longer than Utrecht-Lelystad directly.

There is a way to transfer to the other platform without having to pass the gates. The journey planner also indicates this:

You could contact customer service directly, tell them you didn’t know about this and ask them to refund the difference. This can be done by phone; they are available 24/7 at 030-751 51 55. You may also contact them by chat (click the link Chat with NS on this page) or by sending a message on X (formerly Twitter) or Facebook.

Reageer