beantwoord

Must railrunner tickets be bought every day?

• 7 November 2023
  • 5 reacties
  • 113 Bekeken

My daughter (10) takes the train to school everyday.
We used to go together with a KidsVrij abonement in her card.

Now she goes alone and the conductor tells me that a railrunner ticket is needed everyday. 

She doesn’t know how to buy the tickets yet so I buy them in the machine.. Can I buy them in bulk?

She has the NS APP, and we could add a ticket there, BUT can I not buy also in bulk?

( She is carrying a (photo)copy of her ID Card with her, is that enough? )

Thank you for your advise.

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 7 November 2023, 16:53

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Badge +3

Indeed, you can't buy them in bulk. I would advise you to buy etickets, since they're cheaper than the single-use chipcards you buy at a ticket machine.

Children travelling with a Railrunner are not required to present a proof of identification with a photo.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

I would advise you to buy etickets, since they're cheaper than the single-use chipcards you buy at a ticket machine.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought Railrunners cost € 2,50 at a ticket machine as well. EDIT: I stand corrected, see the link in the post below.

However, it's possible to buy e-tickets in advance, so you don't have to buy a ticket every single day. Not ‘in bulk’ but it saves you trips to the station.

Badge +3

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought Railrunners are also € 2,50 at a ticket machine.

Those days are gone, I'm afraid. See this page.

Thank you very much for the replies.. 

E-tickets and print them for everyweek  :) from now on,

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought Railrunners are also € 2,50 at a ticket machine.

Those days are gone, I'm afraid. See this page.

I thought it was still possible to load a Railrunner on an OV-chipcard to avoid paying the €1 extra. 

Reageer