beantwoord

The method of payment

• 9 November 2022
  • 35 reacties
  • 1229 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie

I want to change the payment method (bank account) for the free weekend subscription to NS, but I cannot find the bank from which I will pay in the change options.  Can you help me to change the IBAN? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 10 November 2022, 12:27

Bekijk origineel

35 reacties

Welcome to our NS Community, Akram. Which bank is it? All Dutch bank options should be in there.

In fact, I have an online bank account, and I do not have a Dutch bank account, I pay via the Revolut, and I want to transfer it to the wise account

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

IBAN is pan-European (sometimes also the BIC=Bank ID has to be given) but this revolut -AFAIK_ works more like a credit card and NS will NOT accept any of those. IF your Revolut has an IBAN this should have been made abundantly clear to you. IBAN always starts with 2 letter country code, 2 digits for bank, then mostly the old bank account nr. Cr-cd has 4x4 digits only.

As bahnrider said, changing the bank account number via your Mijn NS account will only work with Dutch IBAN's, as a payment validation needs to be done via iDeal transfer. If you're using an unsupported bank account, please contact out Customer Service. They can send a request to the NS Flex department to have it changed manually. You can reach them by phone, via Social Media and Twitter. All contact details can be found here.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

IBAN is pan-European (sometimes also the BIC=Bank ID has to be given) but this revolut -AFAIK_ works more like a credit card and NS will NOT accept any of those. IF your Revolut has an IBAN this should have been made abundantly clear to you.

Some basic research before posting assumptions would be a good idea. A search for "Revolut IBAN” would have brought up enough information.

Revolut accounts have an IBAN and that will work just fine. Except that for some reason, the NS website only accepts Dutch IBANs and changes to other IBANs can only be done via customer service.

Revolut also has iDeal.

I do not understand the conclusion :
REVOLUT : is it accepted ?
Does REVOLUT get you a NL IBAN ?
If yes in which conditions ?

If NS is accepting REVOLUT, does it need to have an NL IBAN ?

For a Swiss like me it would be just incredible to hear that GB and CH IBAN of Revolut would not work (If you live in EU, you get a LV, and some times one where you living).

By the way according the web-side of Revolut this would be against EU-law if foreign IBAN would be disrciminated ...

I would like to add that helping my son to prepare his study stay in NL, I am surprised on more as this “level” about the Dutch “specifities” which complicate the start in a strong way…

Unfortunately this did not work for my case :
In Switzerland, I tried to bay the Dar Voordeel Deal.
For that you need an OV-Chipkaard, you can normaly by at the same time
I called the client-service and they said to be unable to help and that I have to buy the Chipcard on they web-side.
To be known : the web side of OV-Chipkaard is blocked in Switzerland.
Conclusion : you loose a lot of time to find a solution, to contact everybody by email, chat and phone … with the result that any, realy any solution it was comunicated to me works ….
Berhaps you have one …

The last chat was in answer to 

As bahnrider said, changing the bank account number via your Mijn NS account will only work with Dutch IBAN's, as a payment validation needs to be done via iDeal transfer. If you're using an unsupported bank account, please contact out Customer Service. They can send a request to the NS Flex department to have it changed manually. You can reach them by phone, via Social Media and Twitter. All contact details can be found here.

Badge +3

An iDeal payment from a foreign Revolut IBAN should work fine (e.g. for an e-ticket ), but the Mijn NS account system is picky when it comes to IBAN and addresses and only accepts NL. This is against EU regulations but Customer Service can help.

To order a card you can fill in a claim via Contact form - OV-Chipkaart.nl. If the site is blocked maybe you can try a vpn. Otherwise you can reach the customer service of the OV-chipcard by reaching our customer service by phone and choose option 1 and then choose option 3.

Badge +3

To order a card you can fill in a claim via Contact form - OV-Chipkaart.nl. If the site is blocked maybe you can try a vpn. Otherwise you can reach the customer service of the OV-chipcard by reaching our customer service by phone and choose option 1 and then choose option 3.

Strange, because a while ago OV-chipkaart lifted the restriction to log in from abroad (except maybe from India or other high-risk countries).

A VPN with a EU ‘PoP’ should work, but might be recognized as such so no guarantees.

Reputatie 5

In the past I've ordered a NS Flex subscription with a Revolut account with a Lithuanian IBAN twice and both times it worked just fine. I didn't have any problems with the Ideal (validation) payments or with the monthly direct debits.

Badge +3

In the past I've ordered a NS Flex subscription with a Revolut account with a Lithuanian IBAN twice and it worked just fine. I also didn't have any problems with the Ideal (verification) payments.

Sure, manual iDeal payments will be accepted from anywhere but changing your IBAN to anything non-NL in Mijn NS fails.

Reputatie 5

I also haven't had any problems changing a Dutch IBAN into a Lithuanian Revolut IBAN using Mijn NS. I've done that at least a couple of times.

Badge +3

I also haven't had any problems changing a Dutch IBAN into a Lithuanian Revolut IBAN using Mijn NS. I've done that at least a couple of times.

Ok, will try that tomorrow.

Thanks for all your reaction, unfortunately they do not help me to resolve the problem ...

1)

• Erryt NS

To order a card you can fill in a claim via Contact form - OV-Chipkaart.nl If the site is blocked maybe you can try a vpn. Otherwise you can reach the customer service of the OV-chipcard by reaching our customer service by phone and choose option 1 and then choose option 3.

Dear Erryt, as I wrote, from Switzerland, you can not acced the webside OV-Chipkaart.nl  

I tried it on 6 devises and several browsers and VPN of my work. As the Dutch costumer service n° (0900) can not be reached with my Swiss phone, I tried the Belgum one. They first told me “we can deal that”. After 40 (!!) minutes, the costumer service of OV-Chipkaart had to say “sorry no way”. He then promissed me to send me the contact form by email … Unfortunately I never got it

2)

• Robert B

An iDeal payment from a foreign Revolut IBAN should work fine (e.g. for an e-ticket), but the Mijn NS account system is picky when it comes to IBAN and addresses and only accepts NL. This is against EU regulations but Customer Service can help.

Thank you Robert, buying a ticket is in fact no problem, the problem is to suscribe “plans” like the the Dar Voordeel Deal ordering at the same time a OV-Chipkaard.
And here the Costumer Sercive told me inable to help me (on phone, twice, and also on chat).

3)

• danhub
  • Reisadviseur

Thank you Danhub, as a Swiss costumer, we get from Revolut a GB and a Swiss IBAN, no EU one, could the NS moderator tell me if I can order the Dar Voordeel Deal ordering at the same time a OV-Chipkaard  and pay in the end with a Swiss or GB Revolut IBAN.

As you know, if it is not working in the end, I get a error message and all the “work” is lost ..
If the NS moderator would be 100% sur, I will try again ...

A number of your messages were unfortunately flagged as spam, most likely due to the high amount of links in it. The last one without links worked fine.

Unfortunately I'm unable to fully answer your last question. Ordering a subscription on our website is only available through an iDeal payment. Generally, that is only possible with a Dutch IBAN.

However, as mentioned, IBAN's from Revolut also support iDeal payments and it's also been mentioned by others that they have been able to purchase a subscription via that. I cannot guarantee that this always works though, as I don't know how exactly Revolut makes the iDeal payments possible. The best advice I can give is to simply try it. If it doesn't work, you'll have to purchase a personal OV-chipcard separately and then contact our Customer Service to have the subscription ordered.

I do not know why the OV-chipcard website does not work and unfortunately that's also not something we can fix. I understand that you're helping your son prepare for his studies in the Netherlands, perhaps he is already in the Netherlands and can order the OV-chipcard? Or perhaps you know of anyone there that can help?

Thank you Stijn.
Can someone get a personnal OV-chipcard on a railwaystation for my son ?

No. A personal OV-chipcard can only be requested online via the OV-chipcard website or via their contact form. I understand you are unable to visit their website, so perhaps someone in the Netherlands can do that for you.

Dear Stijn,

just one last question.
If I well understood, I quote “Mijn NS account system is picky when it comes to IBAN and addresses and only accepts NL. This is against EU regulations but Customer Service can help.

So if I understand, as you I could normaly buy a Dar Voordeel Deal and ordering at the same time a OV-Chipkaard on your webside, it should from a legal point of view also assured by NS to buy it by other means … could you please transmit this request to your bosses ?

Thank you in advance
Simon  

With corrections of my mistakes

Dear Stijn,

just one last question.
If I well understood, I quote “Mijn NS account system is picky when it comes to IBAN and addresses and only accepts NL. This is against EU regulations but Customer Service can help.

So if I understand well, as I could normaly buy a Dar Voordeel Deal and ordering at the same time a OV-Chipkaard on your webside, it should from a legal point of view also be insured by NS that I can buy it by other means … could you please transmit this request to your bosses ?

I think that an enterprise like NS has the obligation to fullfile legality of its services :), has’nt it ? Or what is your opinion ?

Thank you in advance
Simon  

Badge +3

Update, now locked out for 24 hours from Revolut because their app kept crashing… One hour of chat with them wasted.. send selfie, send copy of id, what is the date you registered.. Grrrr 😣

Badge +3

Update, now locked out for 24 hours from Revolut because their app kept crashing… One hour of chat with them wasted.. send selfie, send copy of id, what is the date you registered.. Grrrr 😣

Another update. I have acces to Revolut again (finally). So this should  work, because 

So here we go!

Deze nog 

Oei nu weet je dat ik Dal Voordeel heb met actiekorting en mjin klantnummer. Laat het maar zo staan 😅

Het lijkt te werken (geen foutmeldingen!) Werd na de Revolut iDeal betaling terug gestuud naar Mijn NS met het oude nummer uiteraard. Eens kijken wat er morgen staat… 

Eens kijken wat er nu bij Revolut gebeurt, dat is wel leuk. Die ASN rekening is niet gekoppeld aan Revolut of PayPal of waar dan ook.

De iDeal betaling/afhandeling is helemaal oke (volgens NS) maar wordt pas uitgevoerd nadat ik een machtiging verleen?

Ah, zo spannend was het niet, paar minuten later (zonder iets te machtigen) is het al geregeld 

Case closed, dat werkt dus gewoon!

For @MDW if OV-chipkaart doesn’t accept an IBAN in a different format, contact them!

Dear Robert,
Thank you
Just one last question to you : do you have NL IBAN with Revolut ?

As I am Swiss resident I have only a CH an GB IBAN let’s see if it is also working (I suppose that it could get a problem with iDEAL, I do not have as a Swiss costumer ..)

Will try when I son can be online with me.
Best wishes

Reageer