beantwoord

Train ticket with NS Flex

• 28 July 2023
  • 2 reacties
  • 94 Bekeken

Hello, 

I recently got a personal NS Flex card. Firstly, I do not have to activate it in any way, right? 

When traveling by train, is it still needed to have any balance on the card? I have read through the info pages about top-up of the balance, etc., but it is still unclear to me. The NS card is automatically linked to my bank card with which I paid the first fee, right, as I could not find any information about this?

Also, do I have to go to a ticket machine first and load the product on my card, or is it enough to just check in and out on the entrance machines now? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 28 July 2023, 17:30

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Badge +3

If you've ordered a new OV-chipcard together with your NS Flex season ticket, then you don't have to activate NS Flex. If you already had an OV-chipcard and ordered NS Flex for that card, then you do need to activate NS Flex at a ticket machine.

With NS Flex you don't travel on balance. Travelling with NS Flex is simple: just check in and out at the poles and gates. Costs incurred will be automatically withdrawn from your bank account at the end of each month. The bank account used is the one you used when you ordered NS Flex. You can change this account in Mijn NS (the website, not the app).

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

If you first bought the OV-chipcard and later on you take the subscription, you have to actived by a ticketmachine. If you bought flex together with the OV-chipcard you don’t actived the subscription.

By travelling you have to check in bij arriving at the station en check out by leaving the station.

Reageer