Checked in by mistake | NS Community
beantwoord

Checked in by mistake

• 16 July 2016
  • 4 reacties
  • 3308 Bekeken

Yesterday when I travelled back and forth to Arnhem from Nijmegen, I could not remember whether I had checked out. So, I went back to the paaltje and swiped my pass over it. I read : OK te overstappen. I was not planning on changing trains nor using (eg) Arriva, so I swiped my OV card again and this time it said: U bent al in of uitgechecked. However, once I got home I looked at Mijn Reisgeschiedenis and saw that 10€ had been deducted because I had swiped this last time (and not checked out).

The messages were totally confusing to me. But, now, what to do to get my 10€ back?
icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 16 July 2016, 11:14

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Badge +3
You should contact customer service directly to get your money back. Usually, this is most easily done by phone, as they are available 24/7 at 030-751 51 55. You may also contact them by chat (click the link Chat with NS on this page) or by sending a message on Twitter or Facebook. You can find additional contact information on this page.

To prevent this from happening in the future, you should use a ticket machine to check if you are still checked in. If you are still checked in with NS, the machine will point this out on the first screen you see when you keep your card in front of the card reader. You can also look at the ten latest transactions to check this for other public transport companies.

Also note that you cannot check out at the same pole immediately after checking in. This was done to prevent people from accidentally checking out right after checking in. You must wait 100 seconds or until someone else has used the pole if you want to check out at the same pole, or use a different pole. There is no waiting time for checking out at a different pole.
Thank you very much for this quick and complete answer. Terrific service.
How can I get my travel history from 2014?
The Belastingdienst is now demanding to see it for tax year 2014. but I only see listings for 2015 and 2016 online.
Badge +3
Transaction data is stored for a maximum of 18 months. Therefore, your travel history from 2014 is no longer available, unfortunately. If you wish to keep your travel history for 2015, you should download those transactions as soon as possible; you will no longer see the first half of January anymore, but may still save the transactions of the remaining part of 2015.

Reageer