beantwoord

refund for local part of international travel

• 5 July 2023
  • 5 reacties
  • 77 Bekeken

Hi there 

I was wondering if it is possible to apply for a refund for part of an international train trip (so the NL part of the jounrney). For example a trip from Amsterdam to Berlin where the ticket has been purchased separately from NS, can you claim back a certain portion of this for the section through the Netherlands before getting into Germany? 

Many thanks 

Georgia

icon

Beste antwoord door Tamzin 5 July 2023, 22:22

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Welcome to our NS Community Georgiafh. Do you mean that you've experienced a delay in the Netherlands, with a ticket purchased seperately in the Netherlands? You can do that here.

Hi Laura 

Thanks for your reply. 

No what I mean is that we already have OVchipkaarts (one through work and one at a discounted rate for travel) and so if we were travelling that part of the journey throuh the NL (with our OV kaarts) then it would have been cheaper. Perhaps this isnt a thing but thought I would ask in any case. 

Thanks 

Reputatie 6

You can apply these kinds of discounts at the start of the booking. If you've not done this, you can file a claim here. I can't guarantee you'll be able to get this refunded however.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

No what I mean is that we already have OVchipkaarts (one through work and one at a discounted rate for travel) and so if we were travelling that part of the journey throuh the NL (with our OV kaarts) then it would have been cheaper. Perhaps this isnt a thing but thought I would ask in any case.

It's not the chipcards that give a discount but the subscriptions on them. And you can indicate that discount e.g. on www.nsinternational.com when you book an international ticket (40% or 100% discount in the Netherlands).

But it also depends on what kind of tickets you have bought. Not all international fares qualify for a discount.

If you have bought a discount ticket to Berlin ("Sparpreis" or "Supersparpreis") no further discounts are given anyhow.

Reageer