beantwoord

Need explanation!

• 24 May 2022
  • 7 reacties
  • 154 Bekeken

Hi,
Today my card didn’t worked at Duivendrecht station to check in to Hilversum Sportpark, I explained the situation to the train controller and as I have the NS flex (for invoice) he told me there’s no problem to not check in because he could check me in there and I only needed to check out on Hilversum Sportpark when I get there, I said ok let’s do it.

That’s what I’ve done, but the card only registered the check in in Hilversum, instead of check out!
I send a message to costumer service explaining the situation and didn’t received any response. 

Only received an e-mail with 50EUR charge due to invalid travel rights??? I’ve told what happened, always check in and out, but it’s not my fault that isn’t working!!!
Why no one respond to this type of questions but to charge is always on time??
Also, why the controller says It’s not a problem than I receive this charge??
Really want some more information related to this, or will go to court.

Im very dissapointed with your service, related to the card and the trains cancelled everytime! Last week was 3 hours delay because of you!
Really appreciate an answer to this!!!!

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 24 May 2022, 11:38

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

And how is it possible to not have another way to contact the customer service?? 
Chat? Facebook? What year are we?
Why not an e-mail to keep everything under record? Because the other options we don’t even get a response, so… it makes the support to the client very very very BAD!!

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

The trainconductor is nog able in any way to check you in. You did not check in, so you got af fine. The trainconductor did not check you in, het can’t, but he put a notification on your card that you did not check in and that always leads to a fine.

You are always responsible for properly checking in. When this is impossible, you still are not allowed to take the trein. That is how the cookie crumbles.§You are able to contact Customer Service but as it is very busy, it is not always rightaway

So why did he said that to me? To not worry because I just needed to do the check out?
So if the machine isnt working, I cannot take the train to go to work?? What is that logic?
Also, why no one replies to us? Why we dont have a proper communication with customer service?
This is a bullshit, just that.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

He may have said that he ‘d give a correction. Correction is definitely not checking in, but it is notifying there is something wrong, e.g. no check in or being in the first class with a second class ticket. I think you misunderstood, every trainconductor definitely knows he cannot check you in.

When it is your first fine, contact Customer service. They may cancel it, but only when you did behave correctly. In that case it is notified by the train conductor. It often works well and makes a difference of almost 50 euro’s. 

Take care not to behave with the attitude as shown above. That is expensive. You were wrong as you were in the train without a check in. Checking in means a valid ticket. Not checking in is fraudulent.  Behave well and get your fine canceled. It is just wise.

English is spoken.

So if the machine isnt working, I cannot take the train to go to work?? 

What do you mean with "the machine is not working"?

Because (I assume) you went at Duivendrecht through the gates to go to the platform it's more likely that you used the wrong gate and checked in for the subway.

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

When the gates weren't working, TS would have been unable to enter the station. And as he mentions having NS Flex, even the wrong (GVB) gate should open without any problem.

So isn't the real problem with one of the validators on the shared subway/train platform? In that way TS has been able to enter the station (by subway), but could he still not have been able to check in.

Badge +3

In addition to chat and social media (Facebook, Twitter) you can contact Custumer Service by phone +31 30 751 5155

Reageer