Problem with my expenses

• 21 March 2023
  • 1 reactie
  • 32 Bekeken

Hi, I have a problem with my expenses, I have been trying to communicate with NS but no success yet. I used to pay my expenses of the month every 23th, for example, the travels I did between the 23 of November and the 23 of December were charged the 23 of December. Now, I left the country the 20 of January and the 23 of January I paid my last expenses regarding the time period of 23 of December until the 23 of January. But since the 23 of february NS is trying to charge me 140 euros for trips that ''I made'' between the 23 of january and the 23 of february, that is impossible since i left the country the 20 of january and I hadn't use any public transport since then. Can someone help me to correct these charges that are wrong? 

1 reactie

Badge +3

It's not uncommon for several trips to move over to the next invoice. It might take several days or even more than a week to process your journeys and if you make one shortly before the invoice is made, then it might not be processed in time. So you could very well have some trips made in January that you have to pay for at the end of February.

However, 140 euros worth of trips seems excessive, so you might be charged for something else. You can find out for what you are being charged by taking a look at My payments in Mijn NS (the website, not the app). There you can find a detailed invoice. Perhaps that'll clear up some of the confusion.

In any case, you need to contact customer service directly to have this sorted out. This community is meant as a place where travellers can be helped by other travellers. We are not NS employees and don't have access to customer data, so we can’t assist you here.

Contacting customer service directly can be done by phone; they are available 24/7 at 030-751 51 55. You may also contact them by chat (click the link Chat with NS on this page) or by sending a message on Twitter or Facebook.

Reageer